Airbus front left door

barrendrop3

I use to be able to close and open the door with the Shift E keyboard input , but now with 1.2.3.6 it says its opening and closing in the sim message on the screen, but nothing happens. I can use the FMC to open and close, why has this changed? I had a friend also try it on his same and he got same result

regards

Derek

• Aerosoft

Can your friend also contact us so we can correlate possible things you two have in common? Do you two have any add-ons that work with doors? Things that change the sim? Exactly hat dor in what version/engine you believe worked before and does not work anymore?

We have as far as we know never fully supported the Shift-E commands because they are severely limited in options. I think we have this in common with every complex add-on that has to support over 10 different door layouts. I also believe the doors interface is more than a complete replacement for the [CONTROL] plus [E] plus [3].

Please login to display this image.

The fmc door controls work fine, I have no other controls that work with doors, today was in the A320 CFM, for me, will test the others, not sure what my friend used, I am in UK he is in China.  Will get him to reply here too. it has always worked for front left door until this latest version. Just couldnt shut the door for a while till I realised, it was ignoring my normal method to close the door, now I know I have to use the fmc its fine I can do from there, i use the fmc for all the other doors anyway , but most flights i dont use the other doors

regards

Derek

I have the same problem as Derek i used to use shift E to close the main door with Aerosoft A320 professional  now i have to use the FMS door page to close it. I also use the PMDG 737-800 shift E works fine with that. hope that helps.

Hey guys,

If the Shift-E was working then it was something we were unaware of and changes between versions likely bypassed this altogether.  Our code for doors as always been written for use via the MCDU, so the Shift-E was something we were unaware of and will not return due to other changes and interfaces we had to account for.

Best wishes!

Archived