AS Airbus needing P3Dv4.5 (they do not but are 100% compatible)

keenrw

I think i saw somewhere that future Airbus updates will req P3Dv4.5 min (sorry i cant find the post)... just wondering if you could hold off on this please as there are reports of the new P3DV4.5 giving FPS issues and a lot of users (like my self) have or are planning on doing back to 4.4 , i only updated to v4.5 due to that post i saw and im getting less FPS then i did  in a given situation.

Thanks

Rich

(I edited your title to make things clear, MK)

• Aerosoft

We actually see better FPS in the new version. I think that we see exactly the same as every time we get a new version, some people will have new problems most will not. But when we add new models in an update it might indeed need the latest version of the sim. We love the new functions that 4.5 has, hard not to use them.

Btw I only saw a few posts in other forums, but really only a handful at the Lockheed forums. Is there some forum I missed? 

42 minutes ago, keenrw said:

I think i saw somewhere that future Airbus updates will req P3Dv4.5 min (sorry i cant find the post)... just wondering if you could hold off on this please as there are reports of the new P3DV4.5 giving FPS issues and a lot of users (like my self) have or are planning on doing back to 4.4 , i only updated to v4.5 due to that post i saw and im getting less FPS then i did  in a given situation.

Thanks

Rich

Hey Rich, the reports that I've seen are split (about half seeing lower frames while the other have report slight improvement).  This is the same as the reports I've seen for other versions.  One thing, I recommend you install all three P3D components instead of one or two of them (I'm not sure what you did, but some of the people reporting issues have only updated the Client).

Hope this is helpful!

Best wishes.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey Rich, the reports that I've seen are split (about half seeing lower frames while the other have report slight improvement).  This is the same as the reports I've seen for other versions.  One thing, I recommend you install all three P3D components instead of one or two of them (I'm not sure what you did, but some of the people reporting issues have only updated the Client).

Hope this is helpful!

Best wishes.

Hi Dave

I have just reinstalled the 4.4 client leaving the 4.5 content and scenery installed and my FPS are back to normal so please for the moment re think about making any more updates for the airbus 4.5 only , im loosing about 6+ fps ... eg FPS locked at 31  .. Ifly 747(my most FPS intense Add on)  at UK2000s EGLL 09s towards London i get my locked 31 (unlocked i get 35) using 4.4 .. with 4.5 it goes down to about 24-26... a lot are reverting back to 4.4 atm

I reinstalled only the client and content, no issues so far, frames are the same. But the thing is I don't use any shader mods, cfg edits etc. Just the sceneries, GSX, ORBX, add-on A/C.

• Aerosoft
55 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Hi Dave

I have just reinstalled the 4.4 client leaving the 4.5 content and scenery installed and my FPS are back to normal so please for the moment re think about making any more updates for the airbus 4.5 only , im loosing about 6+ fps ... eg FPS locked at 31  .. Ifly 747(my most FPS intense Add on)  at UK2000s EGLL 09s towards London i get my locked 31 (unlocked i get 35) using 4.4 .. with 4.5 it goes down to about 24-26... a lot are reverting back to 4.4 atm

I spend 90 minutes checking forums and found 12 people who say they are going back. With thousands of downloads, I would not call that a lot.

And Dave said, it more or less follows the same experiences as with any new version. Most people who have problems will eventually do a completely clean new install and most of those will see their problems solved.

But let's be clear, at this moment NONE of our add-ons needs 4.5 and when we update the models to use the latest compilers we'll let people know. Keep in mind that our Aurbusses where seriously fast compared to other complex aircraft when they were launched because we used the latest compilers. The models in our development that are compiled with 4.5 compilers are simply faster per polygon then we ever seen before.

27 minutes ago, jmrtlara said:

I reinstalled only the client and content, no issues so far, frames are the same. But the thing is I don't use any shader mods, cfg edits etc. Just the sceneries, GSX, ORBX, add-on A/C.

Every tweak done is likely to fail with a new version of the sim. 

53 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Hi Dave

Thanks for the report.  Are you using any third party shaders? If so, did you reapply the shaders after updating to P3DV4.5?

On 4/11/2019 at 6:08 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks for the report.  Are you using any third party shaders? If so, did you reapply the shaders after updating to P3DV4.5?

Hi Dave hope you are well

No shaders or Orbix stuff ..default shaders deleted to build new ones but the good news is that LM have confirmed the FPS loss issue and will be doing a hot fix in a few weeks

27 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Hi Dave hope you are well

No shaders or Orbix stuff ..default shaders deleted to build new ones but the good news is that LM have confirmed the FPS loss issue and will be doing a hot fix in a few weeks

Hello my friend!

So LM has been looking at this.  Take a look at the following Link, and follow it to the Prepar3d forum link provided and especially look at page 4 and 5 of the Prepar3d forum thread (but continue reading past that as well).

Since this is a LM matter, I'd like to close this thread so long as you agree.

LINK: 

Best wishes!

Archived