Voices stop working (checklist, announcements etc)

I have a problem where the voices from the copilot and checklist stop working during a flight. Doing the tutorial flight, I hear everything at the start of the flight such as the checklist, speed announcements, "rotate" etc but at some point during the flight they stop working. I don't hear descent checklist, altitude announcements and other such stuff during landing, although the autoland works perfectly.

I've not touched any volume or other controls during the flight. Engine and other sounds are fine. I can hear the results of what's happening during the checklists, ie the copilot turning switches, operating the gear lever but I'm missing voices. The only voice I hear is "approaching runway 2 7" when I'm on the final approach.

Software is the very latest update of the Airbus with P3D v4.4

Pretty sure I followed the procedures exactly but I'll try to replicate the problem again. If I wasn't following the procedure though I'd not have expected the landing procedures to be followed by the co-pilot (autobrake settings, gear down etc) ?

Mike

Just ran the approach from T/D from the saved state I'd used before and everything was ok this time which is odd as all I did from T/D was begin the descent by clicking the alt knob same as before. Anyways, I'll assume it was either pilot error or P3D in a slightly confused state and keep an eye out for it happening again!

Thanks for the help :)

Mike

Also had equal issue with voice stop.....after engine two start no other sounds

no engine two stabilized or anything else......it was all ok till that point

Also in the Load / Fuel Page the boarding signal no longer

Blinks green and white...passengers seem to load but at a slower pace

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 8 Stunden , Arrifespd62 sagte:

Also had equal issue with voice stop.....after engine two start no other sounds

no engine two stabilized or anything else......it was all ok till that point

Also in the Load / Fuel Page the boarding signal no longer

Blinks green and white...passengers seem to load but at a slower pace

First you should not start the engines before boarding is completed. If boarding is completed (green - nor more white/green blinking) then close the doors and automatically the BEFORE START CL will start..... Second: Do not use the keys 1 and 2 for other purposes (like GSX) if HOTKEYS are enabled in the MCDU3 options because this will stop the CL / resp. disable the copilot......

ok - I can now duplicate this at will.  This is the easiest way to do it -

At the point you're doing take off and the message  "Set takeoff thrust" appears at the top of the screen in green set the thrust levers and you hear the message "Thrust set".  Now open a new view from the P3D menu. I chose the external top-down view. The sound cuts to the outside sound, ie only the engines.  Now click back into the main window. At this point I'd expect to be hearing all the cockpit sounds like callouts "100 knots", "V1", "Rotate" etc but I'm still only hearing the engines and it's like that for the rest of the flight. 

This is version 1.2.3.5

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived