Cold and Dark ??

domm

Mathijs Kok

Hello,

Apart from the question about AES, did I tell you that I found it odd that the main cargo door would open without electric power?
Like many other things that should not work in Cold and dark condition

• Aerosoft

If I am correct the cargo doors are directly linked to the batteries so the ground crew can operate them without having a flight crew on board. If you have documentation that shows differently I am sure the developer would like to see that (plus a list of the 'many other' things). But do make sure you show some evidence that things are modeled incorrectly!

I closed your topic as it was mixing up different, unrelated products and we replied to the original question completely. 

On 4/8/2019 at 12:03 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

If I am correct the cargo doors are directly linked to the batteries so the ground crew can operate them without having a flight crew on board. If you have documentation that shows differently I am sure the developer would like to see that (plus a list of the 'many other' things). But do make sure you show some evidence that things are modeled incorrectly!

To show evidence, it's difficult, I can only rely on my memory, for the moment.
but I think you are wrong, and if you have evidence on your side, you can provide it to me.

I flew on DC8 as a pilot in the French Air Force and then at UTA, I must have about 8000 hours on this plane, in version 50/60 and 70.

I made a request for documentation to old friends of the maintenance, and the friendly UTA. For the moment no answer. The technical documentations no longer exist, in my environment.

On the other hand I tried this plane Aerosoft to have fun, because otherwise I use FSX to give courses of navigation to young people, and the DC8 is not any more current, for the nav ..
So I found a lot of mistakes that do not matter if you want to compare it to Microsoft's planes. But for some errors my memory is still good.

I saw the post on the restart in flight. OK, it should then also think of a Fuel Dumping that existed on DC8, because in case of QRF the flight DC8 did not support a landing full load.
The real DC8 flew very well on this one there is too much pitching.

There are lots of unimportant mistakes, for example
in fuel management. The adjustment bug "fuel tank automatic shutoff manage the shutoff valve, it does not work.
The fuel manifold ramp should be pressurized to fill any tank.

It's a shame because the DC8 had one of the most sophisticated fuel management system.
You could power any engine with any tank. And this is not simulated.

On DC8, I happened to finish the flight on 3 engines  long distance over the Pacific.
try on this DC8 AS to use all the fuel from the tank in direct relation with the engine failed.

For the cargo door if I have good memory it is the AUX 115/400 pump
 I'm looking for information on the opening of the cargo door, one thing I'm sure of is that the plane still had an electric GPU connected to the ground and that on this plane nothing worked without the electric power.

Cold & Dark:

Landing lights come out of the wings ??

Gong No Smoking & Fasten your seatbelt ??

Altitude alert warning and light?

Sorry for my bad English, I speak it better than I write it

For technical information, as soon as I have the answers I will communicate them to you.

An idea to improve this DC8 >>> make an autopilot panel in pop-up

• Developer

This week I don't have time for development or even a detailed reply; next week is a lot better in this respect.

I see some things above that are in fact errors needing relatively easy fixes and those will be carried out.  Other issues are more of a "not simulated" nature.  You must bear in mind that when development commenced a decision was made that failures would not be simulated -- the focus would be on normal operations.  Once failures are taken out, there is not much point in simulating all functionality that only exists to manage failures.

There will be further development.  But for FSX, nothing will be added that requires extra click spots.  The VC model is at its limit and even one more click spot will cause graphics corruption.  P3D doesn't have this limitation.

16 hours ago, Michael2 said:

There will be further development.  But for FSX, nothing will be added that requires extra click spots.  The VC model is at its limit and even one more click spot will cause graphics corruption.  P3D doesn't have this limitation.

Hello,
OK I understood, what can do for FSX, .................PMDG, QualityWings, MajesticSoftware,

Aerosoft can not.

Aerosoft should not want to play in the big leagues like those mentioned above.

Only 3 important things that would be needed to use this DC8:
1° the PA in  spot.....2° fuel transfer....3°Defueling

The rest is gadget ..... but if it's to have the DC8 like the 737 Microsoft ... then OK

But two important remarks.
-No sell and add addons for FSX since FSX customers are second-class customers
-Make a plane that works like a Microsoft base plane, has no interest in the simulation.                    So that confirms to no longer buy Aerosoft aircraft.

• Aerosoft

I am closing this topic. If Domm does not fully understands the limited scope of this product and compares it to aircraft double or even three times the price there is no discussion possible and we can only advise him not to buy our products. 

Archived