Cargo Pallet loader ?? on DC8

domm

Hello,
OPabst    answered my question about the DC8's cargo doors, but a little too fast, and in my opinion, in an inappropriate way towards a customer.

Also here is my question but this time only for the rear cargo door

Thanks for the reply about the DC8 Cargo. Also you did not look well the image of the right side of the aircraft

Why there is a pallet loader on the rear cargo door instead of a belt loader

AES or Aircraft config ??
thank you

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

When the cargodoor basehigh is to big, the   loader is used.

Change the config to <2m and the beltloader is used, as at the frontdoor

• Aerosoft

And it is just about our best selling product so I think it delivered. But it was always designed to be an add-on for FSX and not any other version and these days commercially that platform is nearly died off. Still a lot of users but not a lot of people buying add-ons for it. FSX also looked very promising 9 years ago.

We never sold you AES as handling cargo aircraft. I find it hard to blame the add-on for not making up for a promise it never did. 

Ok so there is no AES development like "Also the type of the used pushback trucks can be selected now". but can we just get AES support for the airports that are now available and requested please.

• Aerosoft

As I have written,  investing in a pure FSX tool is not easy at this moment as it is very likely you are simply losing money.

Aerosoft has not made a general comment about dropping all support for 32-bit platforms (like almost all of our competitors have done) but it must be clear that only work that will be profitable beyond doubt or work that can be done for a very limited budget will be released. Please do NOT read this as statement no further work for AES or any other 32-bit product will be done. Read it exactly as I have written it.

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And it is just about our best selling product 

In the same breath..

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

investing in a pure FSX tool is not easy at this moment as it is very likely you are simply losing money.

It is not just an FSX tool. It is a FS9 and FSX tool.

Let's just fix up the airports that have been requested and then be done with AES.

• Aerosoft

Okay if you believe FS9 is important at this moment you scored a point. We still sell add-ons for that 16-year-old simulator. 

And I am sure that if you pay Oliver for the hours needed to provide coverage for those airports he will consider it. In any other condition, it is up to him to decide if it makes commercial sense or not. As I see things it makes no sense and he would be working almost for nothing.  Not a decision for me, in contracts like this we just advise the developer.  Oliver and Aerosoft do not do this work as a hobby, it pays our bills, we need customers. 

As I think all has been said and you probably will never be happy with the result, I think it is better that I close the topic. Please read what has been said again. There are still a lot of FS2004 customers, but as said they are not investing a lot in new products. Commercially we do not need users but buyers.

Archived