Constantly changing from MACH to SPEED

Route: KBOS HYLND5 HYLND HANAA Q816 KELTI Q812 ZOHAN IDIOM MUSCL3 KMSP

I was cleared by ATC to CMARO int, so I set it up with ABEAM PTS. Then I noticed approximately 100 nm out from CMARO, the FMA and FCU keeps toggling between MACH and SPEED (managed) modes. Doesn't really affect the flight, but it's just odd to see it keep changing every 10 seconds. I reckon the issue will disappear once I commence the descent. Just thought I'd point this out in case it's an issue with the latest update.

Hi,

which altitude and speed/mach did you fly and were there any changes in temprature at that point?
I'm thinking you might just have been on the transition of SPD/MACH and maybe some fluctuating tempratures (which in return have a direct influence on the mach number) caused the constant changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the report guys. Could you please post full routing with departure runway, arrival runway, SID, STAR & cruise FL. I'll have a look if I can recreate this issue. 

4 hours ago, Secondator said:

Thanks for the report guys. Could you please post full routing with departure runway, arrival runway, SID, STAR & cruise FL. I'll have a look if I can recreate this issue. 

In my video above this was the route I was flying:

KDCA/19 SOOKI4 SWANN BROSS J42 RBV J222 JFK ROBUC3 KBOS/22L

• 4 weeks later...

I just had this happen again today. Flight is RPLL-RPMD. Happened at cruise FL350 (route: IPATA2P IPATA B462 MASBA W9A BN W9 RIMAR MAR1).

TAT is -14C from ASP4.

Archived