Simwings Canary Project

Eduard Gasull

• Developer

Yes, but why? Ok, you will may be a customer for it, but one sale for 1000 of houres?

Why should we do that? Sing at the next corner brings more ;) 

why? because its beauty, to complete my west canary package I just purchase right now la Gomera and el Hierro. I have la palma. I just need tenerife north and i have all the binter west routes for the ATR! hahaha.

Please consider that, there's no addon for GCXO (RFS, but it's not quite good in my opinion). But there's 3 options for tenerife south. haha

thanks for the feedback!

By the way good job on la Gomera. LOOKS BRILLIANT 

On 5.4.2019 at 23:47, OPabst sagte:

Yes, but why? Ok, you will may be a customer for it, but one sale for 1000 of houres?

Why should we do that? Sing at the next corner brings more ;) 

Didn't sim-wings actually even announce (around the time when the development of Tenerife South was announced on this forum) that they plan to develop Tenerife North at a later stage as well? And I sure bet that @Eduard Gasull would not be the only customer for that. You could count me in, too - so we are already two. :D I think it is only self-evident anyway to develop TFN as well when already the whole island plus TFS will be modelled.

• 2 months later...

Dear SimWings, are you sooner or later planning Funchal in your Canary Airports?

The Madeira what is available is from the Airport point of view very nice indeed, but the island could get a new nice shine? If you approach Rwy 05 the coastline looks not so nice at some spots. 

Cheers. 

Pascal

• Developer

No Pascal,

Madeira is not part of the Canary Islands so not part of this Canary Islands Professional.

But there is no plan to make Madeira yet.

And the issue with the costline is more an issue for photoreal area, not of the development. A topdown photo has only some pixel for,a vertical costline and this will be streached over the vertical mesharea, which not looks realistic.

What the only option could be, is to make a 3D Model, but therefore you need a horizontal picture of the cost, which fits to the topdown photo of the island, nearly not possible to get and very complex.

Thank you Oliver for your response. So all scenery is made with pictures from satellites or whatever makes pictures from above. 

Yeah a 90 degree wall is then difficult to create. I believe you.

This morning i flew over your new Tenerife island. With 700KIAS 50 feet AGL with the  F22-Raptor 😉. My PC is not able to make the island sharp then, even its a HELL-PC. but with the Cessna 172 its a nice VFR flying. Congrats to that island.

Have a good weekend to all of you..

Bye Pascal

• Developer

When you fly or slew in high speed above the island, I don't think it is limited by the hardware, it's more the implementation of the Sim itself, how to load the LODs of the  ground. 

The sim will try to keep as much as possible CPU time left for the important things, the high LOD ground will only be important for Approach and Taxi (or slow GA Traffic). The routine to calc what part needs to be loaded in a higher LOD and which is not anymore important and can be reduced will run with a "low prio". 

When you fly fast and low, you are simple faster in movement the the routine will recalc (per definition, not hardware limits) the ground situation.

No need to buy a new hardware ;)

Have a nice weekend too and fly slower to enjoy the landscape :)

Archived