Forced PF/PM Switching issue

robbo599

During an attempted flight tonight a friend and myself connected initially with him as PF (Left Seat) and myself selected as PM (Right Seat) and everything went smoothly (Excepting the previously mentioned items). When it came to push and start I didn't move when the push was started on his side. I checked the CFD menu on the 3rd MCDU and noticed that it had changed me to PF (Even with him still selected as PF). I attempted to reconnect and it kept changing me to PF from PM. I also couldn't reconnect once disconnected from the original session.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello robbo599,

This is a known issue. If I remember correct, for pilot joining the session, it will reverse the role he has selected before joining. It can even for few minutes say both pilots as PF. We recommend that you establish the connection first and then change the settings like role, seat & dual input.

So first, connection -> on, then create / join session, then rest of the settings.

Thanks or the report still though!

Archived