Cowl flap switches of the CAT PBY

Fsimmer99

When you want to open or shut the cowl flaps to a certain extent, you have to be very fast on activating / de-activating the switches. For instance when you want to open the flaps halfway (50%) you guess somehow (feeling) when to stop the switches. To check the position, you can hold the mouse on the switch and then you can read the position of the flaps. Most of the time the flaps are further open than supposed to be (in this case 50%) because the flaps open very fast. Furthermore, in turbulence it's difficult to adjust the flaps right away to the wanted position (the panel is then shaking somewhat).

So, is there a solution - for instance by adjusting the panel.cfg or the aircraft.cfg somewhere to let the opening and closing process of the flaps more slowly? That would be a nice feature!

Are there other ways to delay the closing and opening sequence of the cowl flaps when operating those switches? I think it's about the way how the switches are programmed.

• 1 month later...

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, Fsimmer99 said:

Are there perhaps other forum members who might give a solution?

If I can throw in my two cents worth, its better to use the keyboard. That's how I do it:

Ctrl. + Shift + V    to open cowl flaps (you can press the V once for one notch, or keep it pressed to open more, etc.)

Ctrl. + Shift + C    to close

This has worked for me flawlessly all these years. Its very practical and easy. (BTW these are default keymappings of FSX)

Best of luck.

Khalid

• 4 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived