ND Log could not be created?

CDreier

I've attempted to install Holgi's N333NW livery (Delta A320).  I get the error message "ND Log could not be created" when selecting this livery while starting P3Dv4.  I've looked at my aircraft.cfg file as well as the two line texture entry and they seem to mimic the other A320's.  Help, suggestions to clear this up would be appreciated.

I have moved your post to the Repaint section.

Chances are that the livery you're installing is for one of the older Airbuses (there were two older Airbuses developed by Aerosoft, the third was the Professional version) and is not directly compatible with the Airbus Professional.  Good news however, there is already a default Delta Livery for the A321 Professional.

Best wishes.

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have moved your post to the Repaint section.

Chances are that the livery you're installing is for one of the older Airbuses (there were two older Airbuses developed by Aerosoft, the third was the Professional version) and is not directly compatible with the Airbus Professional.  Good news however, there is already a default Delta Livery for the A321 Professional.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the reply.  I have the 321.  It’s the 320 that I’m trying to deal with.

I still need help!  Now, even when loading one of the liveries that came with Bus Professional I'm getting the same message "ERROR: ND LOG could not be generated".  These are the default liveries that came with the original installation.  Also, I have done the Aerosoft Updater.  This is happening for every livery!  Please help in providing a solution to this error message.  Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello CDreier,

Could you please try reinstalling the Airbus and see if you still get this issue. I have seen few people have it, but simple reinstall has solved the issue for them. Usually it has something to do with the Airbus not looking for the files from correct location and reinstall could reset this.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply.  As suggested, and as I've done before, I uninstalled and reinstalled both the 319 and 321 versions.  Everything was fine - for a time.   While I don't fly the Airbus all that often, today I opened the A321 CFM (Delta livery) in P3Dv4.4 (awaiting a fix to v4.5 before installing that version) and the error message appeared.  This is strange because I know of no settings that have been changed.  I'm using the Navigraph database but the current version is still current since the last install.  Something is causing this error.  While it's fixable through a reinstall something just isn't right?????

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could you please post your ASC.log.txt file. It should be located in Documents\Aerosoft\ folder. If it isn't, try searching windows for it to see where it might be located.

I still getting this issue with the new update to the A3XX pro series. Here's my log file...for some reason it is looking in addon for the xml files in documents rather than the one located in ...F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional.

ASC.log.txt

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I would do a clean install as clearly the files are not where the add-on expects them to be.

Thank you. Mathijs I do a clean install every time, turn off anti-virus and even delete the folders in the Documents and it still happens. Maybe not today or a few days but for some reason I lose the connection with the addon.xml or the cfg. I'm gonna blame it on W10. I just flew last night and no issues but this morning, error!  

If I'm understanding your symptoms correctly, then I'd be wioling to be your computer security software is quarantining some Airbus files during background scans.

Try reinstalling and then omitting the Airbus folders from scans? Also, check uour quarantined files to see if any Airbus files are in there.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

If I'm understanding your symptoms correctly, then I'd be wioling to be your computer security software is quarantining some Airbus files during background scans.

Try reinstalling and then omitting the Airbus folders from scans? Also, check uour quarantined files to see if any Airbus files are in there.

I omitted the folders in question from being scanned hopefully this helps. No items in quarantine. Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Since this topic has not been closed I'd like to report that I continue to have the problem.  I've just done a fresh install, putting the A320-21 and A318-19 in My Documents/Aerosoft folder.  That was yesterday and all worked fine.  Now I get the ND Log could not be generated and a secondary Debug Info:  DB File for terrain on ND could not be opened =>invalid terrain indication! (")  I checked my Norton Anti-Virus, the Aerosoft files are excluded and there is nothing in Quarantine or showing as fixed.

Here is my logfile.  This is an ongoing problem, somewhat unique to a few of us.  It would be wonderful to get it solved.

P3Dv4.5.1, Windows 10 with P3D running on a separate SSD.

ASC.log.txt

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hm just an idea. Is your my documents folder local or linked to OneDrive? Sometimes the default is at OneDrive, that will lead to problems.

After many months I may have found the problem - or may not have!  What I did find today is that I had two user names, one of which was very old and did include an App Data entry for P3D.  I deleted that folder and old user name.  I'm hoping this fixed this ongoing situation.  In any event, after yet another full uninstall and clean install I have copied the log after each start.  So far all is good.  We'll see  tomorrow after the computer has been shut down overnight.

I'm seeing this issue again. So my issue is the log states that my add-on is in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\add-on.xml. I don't know why it does this for what ever reason but it's not directing it to \Ecosystem\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\add-on.xml. So when this occurs it means to uninstall the A3XXX and the reinstall to fix the issue. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, tangjuice81 said:

I'm seeing this issue again. So my issue is the log states that my add-on is in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\add-on.xml. I don't know why it does this for what ever reason but it's not directing it to \Ecosystem\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\add-on.xml. So when this occurs it means to uninstall the A3XXX and the reinstall to fix the issue. 

Do NOT install anywhere inside the P3D folder! Install itr like I described it here:

Also when you uninstall your existing installation make sure that you delete all remeining folders.

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

Do NOT install anywhere inside the P3D folder! Install itr like I described it here:

Also when you uninstall your existing installation make sure that you delete all remeining folders.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks!

I understand that computers are logical - I'm pretty logical myself.  That's why I'm lost on this.  Many years of flightsimming and many addons both with aircraft and scenery, but nothing like what's going on with this product.

Reinstalled yet again last night.  This time placing the aircraft in Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons/Aerosoft.  Prepar3D v4 Add-ons/ is where all my add-ons are installed.

Last night it worked fine, even after restarts (but not shutdown) of the computer.   This morning after being shutdown and a computer start the problem reappeared.  Let's figure this out please!  I've got time if you've got the patience.  The log from this morning is attached.ASC.log.txt  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Indeed very strange. Can you check if there is an add-on.xml under this path:
C:\Users\cdrei\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional

Yes, the add-on.xml is there.

I apologize but we may be starting from scratch which might be a good thing.  After writing the post 1 hour ago I again deleted everything and reinstalled so it is working fine at the moment.  I'm sure this is normal, but the install created two folders - the one within the Prepar3d v4 Add-ons and another Aerosoft folder residing within Documents.  The folder within Documents includes NavData, etc..

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, this is correct. The Aerosoft folder within Documents contains generic data used by other Aerosoft addons too.

Other question: is your Documents folder linked to OneDrive?

Dave, I rechecked my Norton Security.  The Aerosoft folder was excluded; however the Prepar3d v4 Add-on was not.  It is now excluded from all scans or actions although in checking the Norton log I found nothing quarantined or flagged as suspicious.

Otto, I just uninstalled OneDrive.  That should eliminate any conflict there.

I do rename my aircraft in the aircraft.cfg.  For instance, "Aerosoft A321 professional DELTA N301DN" becomes "A321-211 N301DN".  I would not expect that to cause a problem.

For the time being, I think it's just wait and see.  We've worked on the anti-virus and eliminated OneDrive.  I'll report back either way once we give it a little time.

This morning the same message appeared.  "ND LOG could not be generated".  OneDrive is off my computer.  Norton Security bypasses the entire Documents folder.  Where do we go from here?

Archived