P3D doesn't start after update 1.2.3.4

Josu

Hello

After the installation to version 1.2.3.4 my P3D does not start anymore. Since I haven't done any other installations or updates, I assume it's because of this. 

Now I wanted to reinstall the Airbuses. But the A318/A319 always shows the message "ERROR: Missing uninstall log file". I tried to install the normal installer. But after pressing "Next >" on the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for A318-A319 Professional" the window closes and nothing happens.

What can I do?

Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards
Joel

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 hours ago, Josu said:

Hello

After the installation to version 1.2.3.4 my P3D does not start anymore. Since I haven't done any other installations or updates, I assume it's because of this. 

Now I wanted to reinstall the Airbuses. But the A318/A319 always shows the message "ERROR: Missing uninstall log file". I tried to install the normal installer. But after pressing "Next >" on the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for A318-A319 Professional" the window closes and nothing happens.

What can I do?

Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards
Joel

Hi, there is a workaround. Somewhere on C:\ in programdata or programs is a hidden folder installshield. In this folder are very cryptic folders, one for every program installed with install shield. If you backup and delete these folders, the installer should be possible to run normally. After that, move back the backup.

before you can manually delete the airbus folders.

This is all at own risk.

The problem with the start of the P3D I have found. It was the Virtuali Addon Manager, there was a change in the background. Sorry for that! 

And the A318/A319 is also deinstalled. I copied the uninstall file from the A320/A321 and renamed the entries.

But the problem with the installer of the A318/A319 is still here (I deleted this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information). The installer for the A320/A321 works fine.

Regards

Joël

• Root Admin

Hi,

first, the A318-A319 Professional installer didn't use this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information" for the uninstallation or the log file.
If you got this message "ERROR: Missing uninstall log file" you are running the uninstall.exe and not the installer self.

The uninstall-log file ia located as the select addon path. But I think you have already deleted this file or the addon path.

So, I think you can install the latest version of A318-A319 Professional, V1.2.3.0 without deleting the other version before.

On 7.4.2019 at 12:58, A. Muegge sagte:

Hi,

first, the A318-A319 Professional installer didn't use this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information" for the uninstallation or the log file.
If you got this message "ERROR: Missing uninstall log file" you are running the uninstall.exe and not the installer self.

The uninstall-log file ia located as the select addon path. But I think you have already deleted this file or the addon path.

So, I think you can install the latest version of A318-A319 Professional, V1.2.3.0 without deleting the other version before.

The deinstallation isn‘t the problem anymore. I can‘t install the A318/A319. After the first page it disappear, when I press „next“.

No there ist Nothing. And the problem is only with the A318/A319 installer. Other Aerosoft installers (A320/A321, Anchorage Professional, and others) are working fine.

But in the Task-Manager the is 2 times the InstallShield.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

And if you do not start the installer, does it still show in the task manager? Could it be a previous installer could not complete and is autostarting every reboot?

All in all, as I said it still really sounds like there is something seriously wrong. These installers are absolutely bog-standard InstallShield.

No, without starting the installer I can't find the InstallShield in the Task Manager. And i don't know why it is listed two times . I start it only one time.

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, Josu said:

No, without starting the installer I can't find the InstallShield in the Task Manager. And i don't know why it is listed two times . I start it only one time.

Something on your system is messing up with InstallShield. Never seen this issue before.

This is the entry from Windows about the error, if this helps:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: AS_A318-A319-PROF_P3DV4_V1230.exe, Version: 1.2.3.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5ba373ec
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.17134.556, Zeitstempel: 0xadca2670
Ausnahmecode: 0x0eedfade
Fehleroffset: 0x001118a2
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x21ec
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d4efb9bb28c332
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\JOL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{D2ED8EE0-58D6-47F8-B3D6-5CCD2E38B01F}\AS_A318-A319-PROF_P3DV4_V1230.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 7193f12e-4fa2-4e03-98d5-d1cb44c3ea01
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

• Aerosoft

No kernel error is just about the most basic error Windows can throw at you.  Basically, some of your default files of the Operating System are corrupted. 

The simple fact is that tens of thousands of people have installed this without problems.  You will have to consider re-installing the OS. Sorry for the bad news.

From the AVSIM CTD Guide:

Kernelbase.dll – A system file so a problem with your computer system. FSX or P3D just happened to be running when the event occurred. Related to StackHash errors and NTDLL.dll errors (see below). No known fix but some have solved this problem by:

• Updating or reinstalling their video card drivers.
• Scanning your system for corrupt/missing files.

• Disable startup programs by typing msconfig in the Windows search box. When open, look at the Startup tab and disable all startups (they are all not needed for operation of your computer).
• User Profile Corrupted – last resort, fix possible corrupted user profile.

Hi

Only for your information. With the new 1.2.4.0 installer, i was able to install the A318/A319 without any probles. So the problem is solved.

Thay you very much for your support!

regards and happy easter

Joël

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived