CTD on the latest update

Romano Lara

Except for the other time that I encountered a CTD on when pressing the HOLD PPOS, this is a new one after I updated.

This is the error from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: D3D10Warp.dll, version: 10.0.17763.348, time stamp: 0x6cee4cbf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000008229b
Faulting process id: 0x336c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4e9f786af0691
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\D3D10Warp.dll
Report Id: 00fe68b1-a3d7-4de5-81ec-e52272fae6c6
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Attached below are the logs if they are of any purpose.

AltProcess.log FMGS.log

Just speculating that it could be a navdata issue. When the CTD happened, I was on the HARBO1A SID from RPLL, took of rwy 31.

As I type this, I am doing the same flight to SIN, same route, except I took off from rwy 06 on a different SID. 

I'm just offering this additional information if it's of any help determining if this is caused by the bus directly or not.

I'm using Navigraph.

This is the route I used earlier when the CTD happened HARBO1A/31 BUCAL M646 TOKON M767 BOBOB/N0456F350 M767 TOMAN KARTO1A/02C.

The CTD happened approximately 5 minutes after takeoff. That's what I last remember from the timer.

Aircraft: A321 IAE.

Now I'm doing the same flight, but different SID, no issues. Hmmm.

Romano

Just some additional background on this type of CTD:

There is really no way to tell if this is part of it, but there is a known issue with CDU flight plans in P3Dv4 which results in occasional CTDs. This has been seen with PMDG and Leonardo aircraft and the only thing in common is the NavData (Navigraph) and P3Dv4.  Davide at Leonardo has attempted to resolve this many times but we're still seeing it.  I'll write to him later today and ask him for his thoughts on this.  PMDG and Leonardo use the same format for NavData.

Note however that I've never seen this with the Airbus X or Airbus Professional.

The FMS/FMGS has more math running than anything else in the sim, so an occaisional hiccup is likely.  Repeatability is the key to tracking down such a bug, but thus far none of the errors with other aircraft have been repeatable.

Best wishes!

Archived