Save the configuration of your controls.

Adrian de Souza

This is been a known problem since back in the FSX days.  Just some of the causes how been found:

1. USB Device times out due to Windows 7/10 Power Savings Settings and the devices do not come back alive when they should.  If FSX/P3D is booted up with one or more USB Controllers in the Save Power State, FSX/P3D will then completely rearrange the Controller settings (how it does this is based on what controllers are still active (not asleep).

2. Faulty USB Hub that times out before P3D is started... resulting in the same thing as when a controller is asleep (see #1 above).

3. Faulty controller/controller wiring, resulting in the same issue as shown in #1.  This includes intermident controller/wiring issues.

4. Most anything else which disrupts communication between Windows and USB/Controllers.

Some years ago I investigated this along with assistance from Saitek, and the result was writing a short Guide on AVSIM (but I can't find it anymore).  I recommend you go into your USB Device settings (Control Panel/System\Device Manager\Universal Serial Bus controllers) and check that each device has Power Saving DISABLED.   I had also recommended backing up your Controller settings except that FSX didn't have the Export Settings so I recommended backing up controller settings by copying the "Standard.XML and .xmlx)"files located at: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls.

I hope this is helpful to you!

Archived