Airbus / P3D crashes when requesting wind data from AS_P3D

PaladinX

Dear AS Support Team,

when i programmed the MCDU for the flight (e.g. the EDDFEGLL01 Tutorial flight), and i try to download the winds from Active Sky for P3D, the simulator crashes to the desktop.

Conditions:

1) Current version of Airbus is installed (A318 - A321), as well as Active Sky in the newest version.

2) Company route for the tutorial is loaded and completed with a SID and a STAR (in MCDU)

4) A manual flight plan is calculated in Active Sky (EDDF to EGLL), winds etc all shown in Active Sky. I see the same Waypoints as in the MCDU flightplan.

5) The .wx file is in the correct folder mentioned in the Step-by-Step-Guide.

What i dont understand:

Can i load the MCDU flight plan directly into Active Sky somehow? Did i miss something in the Tutorial?

--> How can i assure that Active Sky has exactly the same flight plan than my Airbus? Do i need to add more than the Waypoints? Are SID and STAR somehow relevant for the import/datalink? Maybe i do something wrong in this combination that leads to the crash.

Regards,

Jan

Normally AS will inform you if you have not loaded a flight plan (for example EDDFEGLL01.pln) into AS. Not a .flp plan createt by the FMC.
Have you disabled this option in AS?
The flight plan is needed so that AS can display the weather along your route better and should always be loaded.

I had this FMC error in the Airbus already with me and could find out that a waypoint in the AS flight plan could not be processed by the Airbus FMC.

Check the AS flight plan and of course the source flightplan for unusual spellings at the waypoints.

Example:
The FS-Commander created a flight plan containing the Fix DW520266 (see picture). The FMC could not cope with this and the complete P3Dv4 ended.
After deleting this fix from the AS flight plan, the Airbus FMC could load the wind without any problems.

Please login to display this image.

Gruß, Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

can AS load the Airbus .flp? I assumed thats not possible.

So, when i planned/entered manually a flightplan in the Airbus MCDU (or loaded a co-route .flp), how do i get exactly this flightplan to be loaded in AS without manually waypoint by waypoint?)

Jan

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you create a flightplan with whatever tool, you have to export it into the Airbus format AND into the normal P3D format. This one you have to load into ActiveSky.

Then everything should work as expected. Next you get a CTD, please post the error message. If no error message is being displayed, you have to check the Windows Eventviewer for an entry at the time of the crash.

Hi mopperle,

yes i will try in the next days.

I remember there was a message from AC shortly after P3D crashed. I can not remember it so i will post a screenshot asap.

Regards,

Jan

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived