2Q about the Altimeter (Link / Setting)

Hello guys,

I have to questions regarding the altimeter:

1. Is there an option available to link both Pilot's and Copilots altimeters?

Since there is no connected flightdeck at this time, I find it useful if such an option would be implemented.

2. QNH setting with decimal places...

The CRJ is the only aircraft from those I own which shows decimal places when QNH is selected. Is this necesary (and accurate acc to the real CRJ) or can the decimal be skipped?

I found it a bit annoying since all informations (METARS / weather from Active Sky / and so on) don't have a QNH with decimal. Most of the time you can't even dial in the exact QNH since it jumps to xxxx.9 or xxxx.2 if you know what I mean.

Thank you.

Well, a screenshot would help a lot but I hope to understand you right.

You have the Display in Millibar (1023MB) or Inch 29.92 (29.92IN) and you can change this with the BARO Button on the left side.

METAR of AS show you both data.

If you have really 1023.45 MB for example I would say you should install the CRJ new.

Wolfgang

@Hoffie3000 if you don't know what exactly I meant, it's indeed hard to understand (could not find other words to describe).

I will try again:

I have the displays in Milibar.

I am at standard 1013 and want to dial the new altimeter at arriving airport wich is e.g. 1023. When I do that I have to scroll more than 10 "inputs" (1023-1013=10) because the dial also shows decimal places eg. 1013,2 / 1013,5 / 1013,8 / 1014,2 .....(these are fictive values).

You see the decimals if you select "Cockpit Tooltips on".

Another maybe easyer example: from STD 1013 to 1014 you have to scroll e.g. 3 "times" to get there. I know that this comes from the conversion IN to MB but it's unnecesary in my opinion since you just see 4 numbers in the displays (no decimals)

See below pictures for better understanding!

To get from 1013 (on the altimeter dial 1013.1) to 1014, I had to turn the mouse wheel 3 times instead of 1:

1013,1 -> 1013,4 -> 1013,7 -> 1014,0

And you have to turn it also un CP side ;) (ergo Q1 ...would be nice if there was an option to sync those). The small centered ADI (I think it's called like that) does not have this "issue" meaning, it increments by one each time.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

I think, there's two different issues here. Issue 1 is that the mouse wheel triggers 3 clicks instead of one. Issue 2 is that the mbar baro setting is changed in steps of 0.1 instead of 1.0. I will ask a friend who works on CRJs daily to double-check this for me (how many clicks of the knob to change from 1013 to 1014).

vor 12 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

Issue 1 is that the mouse wheel triggers 3 clicks instead of one.

I think you got this wrong. I have to scroll 3 "signals / inputs / clicks" because the altimeter DIAL (not the FD display) reads decimals. And it does not increment in .1 but in .3 as shown in the pictures above.

• Developer

I got this quite right. The altimeter is programmed so it does .1 steps. As far as I remember (it's been a few years ago), this is correct. However, I will ask someone to confirm.

• Developer

I got feedback from someone who could test this on the real thing. The barometer indeed increases in steps of 1.0 and not 0.1 (as it does in other aircraft). I'll fix it asap and it will be available in the next update.

On 4/11/2019 at 6:44 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

..... The barometer indeed increases in steps of 1.0 and not 0.1 (as it does in other aircraft). I'll fix it asap and it will be available in the next update.

That means that the altimeter will only be accurate to around +/- 26 feet.  Is that correct?

Andy L

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, AndyUK said:

That means that the altimeter will only be accurate to around +/- 26 feet.  Is that correct?

Andy L

No problem IRL, because in the USA at least, +/- 75 feet is acceptable accuracy for IFR flight.

On 11.4.2019 at 19:44, Hans Hartmann sagte:

I got feedback from someone who could test this on the real thing. The barometer indeed increases in steps of 1.0 and not 0.1 (as it does in other aircraft). I'll fix it asap and it will be available in the next update.

Great! Thank you Hans!

What about the option to link them? Would this be possible?

• Developer
vor 1 hour , Branimir sagte:

And please add an option so we can choose if we want to link them or if we want them to work independently.

Isn't that exactly what GEK said above?

vor 5 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

You mean all three altimeters linked to  the Captain one? I guess I can do that.

Exactly because without a connected flightdeck, one might want to turn only one dial instead of 3.

Thanks.

Archived