Airbus Pro Severly Underpowered

Hi, Ive been flying the airbus for over 5 months now but the last two months have been extremely difficult in terms of engine power. On my TOGA takeoffs my engines are only reaching a max of 80%. I literally cannot get them any higher. This makes for a heck of a time trying to get the aircraft to gain substantial altitude. Anyone else out there with this problem, if you have a fix please share it with  me. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Depending on the weight and environmental conditions 80% N1 is plausible. What was the aircraft's cross weight at takeoff, what airport and runway did you use and what was the weather like?

I don't exactly know the cross weight but it varied from flight to flight because I was using the airbus fuel planner with different fuel, pax, and baggage. There was no icing and it wasn't one specific airport, this is what happens every takeoff. 

Excatly the same here, with A320 IAE, it´s almost imposible to take off without stalling. 80% llimited . Two joysticks tested, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Microsoft SideWinder Precisión 2. Same result.

With the CFM variant, Works perfectly.

Best.

Miquel.

• Aerosoft

In that case, there is something specific that we do not know about that limits the N1. No idea what that could be.  I still believe it is simply derated take-off to be honest as we have two people reporting it and a few tens of thousands who do not have the issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

What flaps setting? Weight? Are you using Manflex or TOGA, those get confused.  I have never seen TOGA set anything other than full power.  Manflex by definition is a lower powered flex takeoff setting that the computer calculates, if as in real life, for factors like rwy length, weight, OAT, flaps etc....

Archived