EDNY Friedrichshafen Pro 1.10 (Trees RWY24)

GEK_the_Reaper

Hello guys,

since I bought this scenery, I always had some trees in the direct vicinity of RWY24 (see picture). I have found an old topic (2012) regarding this issue under FSX and the fix was to move the scenery down the list.

Unfortunately in P3D v4.4, this scenery can not be moved (the checkbox is light grey and the scenery can't be selected) and is at the TOP of the scenery list.

Can anybody advise what to do?

Thank you.

(My Add-On's are in my signature)

Please login to display this image.

Nothing! I've unistalled ORBX Trees HD and now the trees are replaced with the default ones from P3D. See the attached pictures.

(ORBX Trees HD just replaces tree textures, does not place new trees were there are none)

• Developer

I have checked the code of the Product and the facts are:

1.) The complete area of the Airport, including where you see the trees, is cuvert by an Autogen Exclude to eliminate Autogen (incl. Trees) there

2.) The complete area of the Airport, including where you see the trees, is cuvert by an Library Object Exclude to eliminate Lib Objects (like possible trees), in this area

3.) The scenery itself will not have trees there.

As long as there is not another Addon with a higher Prio adds this objects again, no such objects are possible there.

But, as Orbx is involved and they use autogen beside the default limits, it is possible, that there is a large group of Autogen in that area (center outside the excludes) where parts of this Set are now reaching into the area of the Airport.

But, as we never had feedbacks like that, I don't think that it is a "generale" Orbx issue. Maybe there is something else involved on your system.

We can't do anything here, as we can not do more then excludes the autogen in the area relevant.

But, one tip: In the EDNYConfig tool, you have the Option to "Disable Landclass of Airport". Please check this option for disabling them, what is recommanded for Users of Orbx, as this Landclasses are more or less only for Default is needed.

Maybe the manipulation of the default Landclasses by Orbx will effects this by placement and the landclasse of Orbx will generate this larger tree areas.

Or if that not fix it, deregister EDNY via the tool and check, if such trees are present on the default scenery, where EDNY is not involved.

@OPabst Oliver thank you for your reply. I will check what options are available in the config and report back.

But one thing I have to clarify again: I don't have ORBX Landclasses installed! None of it!

I only have the Trees HD wich is not a Landclass but Tree textures meaning that the default tree textures are replaced.

This guy here had the same problem:

He got it fixed by moving the scenery priority down the list!

In P3Dv4 that can't be done.....

vor 2 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Hmmm,

I do not see any trees:

I didn't doubt that Otto!

If you read my query you will see that I don't blame the scenery directly! It's clearly one of the Add-On's that interferes with it (but it's not ORBX Trees texture).

On my setup, EDNY is currently at position 1 in the Scenery priority list. According to the thread I linked above, I should move it down the list (below UTX). Unfortunately I can't without your help because the scenery won't let me do it.

EDIT: Below another topic:

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

It's clearly one of the Add-On's that interferes with it

What other addons do you have installed? MAybe a screenshot of your scenery library helps.

• Developer
1 hour ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I should move it down the list (below UTX). Unfortunately I can't without your help because the scenery won't let me do it.

UTX? Never heard that this is Release vor P3D V4, maybe I am wrong here.

But UTX was a Landclasse tool and as long as no Airportrelated parts of is are relevant in EDNY, there is no reason to move an Airport below an UTX entry. Airport must be on top of the list, otherwise all the excludes will not work and that result is definitiv not what you want.

vor 6 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

UTX? Never heard that this is Release vor P3D V4, maybe I am wrong here.

Yes! UTX has been patched in version 2.10 for P3D v4 (check on theyre website).

Nevertheless I went disabling Add-On's one by one and found what was causing it. As others also stated, it is Ground Environment that was causing it with the "Autogen Forrst Performance Fix". Since there is a small forrest in the vicinity, I suspect that the fix deletes some trees and expands a bit the distance between the remaining ones.

So it is fixed for me.

Regards,

Gerald

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived