EDDE FPS

Terblanche

Nice scenery but what's up with the FPS ...? Goodness gracious - at night, with dynamic lighting, it falls to a dismal 22-24 FPS and occasionally drops below 20 ... and with DL OFF, it only gain a few FPS. If you compare this small airfield with something like EDDF where my FPS remains a steady 30-35 (locked at 35) with AI traffic, with DL, and in the Aerosoft A320 them there is no reason why EDDE should have this impact on FPS except if something, somewhere, somehow is seriously wrong.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the German part of the forum it is discussed.

The problem is the orthoimage.

Deactivate the related files and FPS will be high. You can use the ortho from simmershome.de. He made a mod for the old Erfurt X.

Hello, 

I`m Simmershome

At this time I make an adaption from my older ortho to GES. If ready , you find it without clubmembership in my forum directly. 

I publish when ready ( latest Monday) on my website. I think after you have 40 Frames.

Regards

Rainer

47 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Ai, ai, ai - and not a single beta-tester picked that up ...? Or do they have NASA super computers? [tongue in the cheek]  🕵️‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Raiku said:

I publish when ready ( latest Monday) on my website. I think after you have 40 Frames.

I believe the proper response is: Danke Schön ....

47 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Deactivate the related files and FPS will be high.

... but with trees on the apron!

🙂  

As a born Thuringian the place of AS is obligatory for me. As always the spirits divide. With the one it goes, with the others it is not acceptable regarding the Frames

I provide a new Ortho with LOD 4 bs 18, this includes the seasons and comes with a slim 235 MB. Adapted to OrbX GES.

Please login to display this image.

The download is available in my forum. Only a simple registration is necessary, so no club membership.

My beta tester has tested it on a medium PC with 40+ frames and recommends switching off the animated persons, because they also need 10 to 15 frames, which I think is enormously high.

The animated traffic is negligible.

Handling:

delete all *ortho* in EDDE (save before)

copy my ortho into the scenery

gerade, masterhawk sagte:

I just tested it. But when I turn off the orthoimage 15 fps come with the Aerosoft Airbus. With orthoimgae I have about 40 fps.

CPU is i7 2600k and GPU is GTX980TI. Runs like sliced bread. Great scenery!

Julius

1 hour ago, Raiku said:

I provide a new Ortho with LOD 4 bs 18, this includes the seasons and comes with a slim 235 MB. Adapted to OrbX GES.

GREAT, thank you so much Rainer. Will install now and give you a shoutout.

PS: Why is Aerosoft so quiet on the subject ...?

• Developer
On 3/31/2019 at 12:26 PM, Terblanche said:

PS: Why is Aerosoft so quiet on the subject ...?

Maybe because Aersoft is not the developer and it is weekend, so the staff holding contact to the developer to ask for this issue is not in the office until tomorrow?

As the reports are different and not all users can reproduce it, this makes it not easier to check it. And a solution can only come from the developer anyway.

I don't understand anyway why AS always takes the beating instead of setting up its own subforums for the real developers. For me, this is unnecessary hostage-taking, which also prolongs the support ways.

But ultimately, that's your business.

16 minutes ago, Raiku said:

I don't understand anyway why AS always takes the beating instead of setting up its own subforums for the real developers. For me, this is unnecessary hostage-taking, which also prolongs the support ways.

That will be a good idea. Let's deal with the developers directly and then they could get and give feedback directly.

I've installed your new Ortho for EDDE - great work, and much appreciated. I did a few circuits around EDDE with different approaches for 10 and 28 and although it's a great improvement on the performance compared to what it was ... I don't know if it's just on my rig but from both sides, on short finals the FPS drops dramatically and then jumps back to 'normal' shortly after touched down.

Here is a comparison ... my FPS is locked at 35 with the AS A319 and all animations in EDDE settings are switched off.

Approach RWY10            Approach RWY28

5nm = 32 FPS                    5nm = 33 FPS

2nm = 25 FPS                    2nm = 24 FPS

T/down = 22 FPS              T/down = 26 FPS

Taxi = 34 FPS                     Taxi = 35 FPS

I know it depends on a million factors (settings, PC, addons, etc) but this is done with everything exactly the same as earlier when landed at ESSA (ORBX) with a PMDG B744 and there the FPS not ones dropped below 30 FPS.

Please login to display this image.

Just an idea, as I checked yesterday EDDE again with the new photo.bgl. I had high framerates but sometimes some stutters and the reason was the animated people.

Just go to the EDDE scenery folder and check that all bgl files which contain "ANIMATED_PEOPLE" are set to "Off" and then try again. (I read that you de-activated all features in the configurator, but just make sure)

I got  EDDE  now fluid and no problems at all and enjoying it!!

9 hours ago, Raiku said:

Nothing new, it is what you always get here in the AS Forums. Basically, if you buy a product via AS shop and you run into problems, those results (consecutive order mostly) you get when asking for support:

1. in 99% of all cases, the first answer from a AS forum mod or somebody close to AS will blame you that you did something wrong.

2. if you add info and insist, you most probably read at least once somebody mentioning that the product was not developed by AS...

3. if the product is from AS, most probably the issue can not be recreated on the beta tester rigs...

4. if you are lucky and all three points above are not the case, you might get a useful and supportive answer...

I guess this will never change. That's why my first point of contact in the case of a support question is never AS anymore...

• Aerosoft

Of course, the issue is that all your four points are factual and often indeed the issues. 

1) In 55% of all our support, the issue is caused by something the user did incorrectly, almost all of these cases are rather easily solved. (not 99%, that's just silly)

2) About 75% of what we sell is not created by us and we can offer only limited support. We'll do our best but sometimes only the people who made the product are able to give complete answers. We gladly do that on your behalf but that creates delays, adds complexities and is not in the benefit of the customer.

3) True. Certainly, in complex issues, we are often unable to recreate the issue. I am sorry you find that offensive, but it's simply a fact that a good deal of what is reported is not an issue of the product but of something specific on then users system. As we are not behind his keyboard sometimes the only thing we can say is that we do not see that problem and need more information.

4) Indeed, if all these things are not the case we are able to support. You sound surprised.

I got a kick-ass support team and fantastic moderators, but we can only do what is possible. I think we do so very well as we got a 88% satisfaction rating. And that includes the feedback from pirates who we refuse assistance and those normally do not give a positive rating.  If you feel we do not do a good job I suggest simply not buying our products.

------------------------------

If the people who have issues with FPS on this product give us some detail about their hardware and what other scenery/tools cover this same region we gladly have a look at it.  On my system, it is indeed a tad heavy but not unexpectedly so. My system does not have many add-ons however so that might explain that. These days it is often the stacking of add-ons in an already dense region that causesdFPS problems. 

So, have now extensively and systematically tested.

With original aerial image, I come with the PMDG 737 to about 42 FPS. With disabled aerial image on about 18 FPS with the PMDG 737. With "Overflow" aerial image, the frames are even worse than the original aerial image (22FPS)! And the "Overflow" aerial image is totally pixelated and the colors are not right (bad color management?). So I would advise against all.

I stick to the original aerial image and recommend it to everyone else.

Julius

PS: My system
i7 2600k 4.2Ghz, 32GB RAM GTX980TI
P3Dv4 EDDE/GES/GEN/Vector/AS Airbus/PMDG 737

But Mathijs,

would‘nt it be a great idea to get the authors of the products you are selling into the boat and get them their own thread in your Forum?

The benefit would be that they could answer most of the questions directly and would get from the customers all the informations they need to have a close look into the problem. 

The other benefit would be that Aerosoft itself will be blamed much less for problems with products you are just selling and not developed!

vor 7 Minuten, Julius65 sagte:

So, have now extensively and systematically tested.

With original aerial image, I come with the PMDG 737 to about 42 FPS. With disabled aerial image on about 18 FPS with the PMDG 737. With "Overflow" aerial image, the frames are even worse than the original aerial image (22FPS)! And the "Overflow" aerial image is totally pixelated and the colors are not right (bad color management?). So I would advise against all.

I stick to the original aerial image and recommend it to everyone else.

Julius

PS: My system
i7 2600k 4.2Ghz, 32GB RAM GTX980TI
P3Dv4 EDDE/GES/GEN/Vector/AS Airbus/PMDG 737

Julius,

Do you think really that people who have got the problem are complaining just to blame somebody?

Your statement is pretty strange. I‘m in doubt that you very well know P3Dv4 in detail..

You registered yesterday and your first question was about the the altitude problem you had!

If you would have had a short look into the manual you would have known!

Another strange thing is that you are talking about „Overflow“ ! 

Here in the Forum he is known as „Raiku“ and his website is „Simmerhome“

I just say again, since I got rid of the original „ortho“ files and using the phot.bgl from Simmershome and disabled the animated people Ì´m more than happy with EDDE!

Anyway, following the thread since beginning, there are people who have no problems and others  have them, therefore you „recommendation“ is definitely not valid for everyone!

• Aerosoft
47 minutes ago, holi said:

would‘nt it be a great idea to get the authors of the products you are selling into the boat and get them their own thread in your Forum?

Absolutely. We encourage that as much as possible. However, some developers really would like to focus on development and not support. And of course, we get part of the money for doing it.

@Julius65

What can I say?
I forgot to tell you that my image, like all my software at Simmershome, is optimized for Nintendo.
Irony omitted.
I don't prevent anyone from using the original. The nice thing about it is that there are always alternatives and freeware can be disposed of free of charge.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Absolutely. We encourage that as much as possible. However, some developers really would like to focus on development and not support. And of course, we get part of the money for doing it

That's right Mathijs, my suggestion came for another reason. In 80% of all cases AS bashing can already read on the net if the product has not even been released yet.
But this is also due to the fact that in many cases the users don't even know the developer because he never expresses himself. It's always convenient to first hit the big "father" on the cap.
I think that would change, if the actual developer also says something about it and doesn't let third parties speak. My point is that you generally behave better if you are confronted with the concrete person. You may believe me that I have already picked up a lot of slaps in the net, but then I go to the place of the event and write about it, even if it steals a lot of time from me. That's unpleasant, but overall I haven't necessarily had bad experiences. On the contrary, it also helps me to change something.

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank you Frank Seifert and Oliver Pabst for reworking EDDE to V1.1!

All problems are gone and the Airport EDDE is now performing very well!

Even choosing all option in the configurator there is nor performance issue at all and I´m very happy to have this scenery!

Its a pleasure to approach this Airport no in P3Dv4.5!!

Thanks guys!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived