Save a flight

EastCoastCanadian

The save a scenario doesn’t seem to work too good with these aircraft. I tried to save my flight to come back to it later and when I reloaded the scenario my engines were shutoff, no MCDU Data and so forth. Any updates coming for this in the future I’m using v4.4

I realised some time ago that sometimes the .fms file does not save at all (a few times) or does not override the previously .fms file if saved with the same name (more often). So to be sure, I always delete the previously saved files and save the flight then. I always check if the .fms and .asc files have been saved correctly.

The worst scenario is when the .fms file won't save at all, no matter what you try, you'll have to restart P3D losing the FMS data or finish the flight.

Hope it helps!

20 hours ago, Joan Alonso said:

I realised some time ago that sometimes the .fms file does not save at all (a few times) or does not override the previously .fms file if saved with the same name (more often). So to be sure, I always delete the previously saved files and save the flight then. I always check if the .fms and .asc files have been saved correctly.

The worst scenario is when the .fms file won't save at all, no matter what you try, you'll have to restart P3D losing the FMS data or finish the flight.

Hope it helps!

Ok thanks for your reply 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could you please zip all the files that are associated with the saved flight on your Prepar3D Files folder and send it here so I can see if I can open it. Also, could you please run through the exact steps that you take to save a flight.

Archived