PFPX and TOPCAT Installation

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have both program installed on my F:\ drive which I use solely for flight simulation. But infortunately PFPX does not recognize that TOPCAT is installed and that I have a full license for both programs. I always get a message that TOPCAT 2.73 or higher is required if I want to use the resp. PFPX function..... How can I "inform" PFPX that I have a license and where TOPCAT is installed?

Regards,

Rolf

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes I tried e.g. made a fresh installation of TOPCAT..... Now I can SEND the PFPX data to TOPCAT (if it is also previously open). But I am not able to connect the PFPX aircraft DB with TOPCAT e. g. I am not able to select a TOPCAT profile...... If I push EDIT to select one I always get the message that I need  TOPCAT.......

The whole thing e. g. cooperation between PFPX and TOPCAT is still a mess to me even that both programs are developped by the same people.

• TOPCAT is still sold even that it is outdated and not supported anymore
  • There is only one Airbus (A320 CFM) available in its DB
  • RWY DB is more than old and even that the correct actual data are available in PFPX those are not used (example EDDF 25L is now 25C)

Regards,

Rolf

22 hours ago, Hanse said:

TOPCAT is still sold even that it is outdated and not supported anymore

To my knowledge Topcat is still supported via developers website FlightsimSoft Support

There is only one Airbus (A320 CFM) available in its DB

As most addon aircraft no longer support adjusting weights directly in the aircraft.cfg and require use of their own loading systems this is irrelevant. Performance calculations remain the same and as with PFPX you merely adjust weights and capacities to match.

RWY DB is more than old and even that the correct actual data are available in PFPX those are not used (example EDDF 25L is now 25C)

The database update is available from Navigraph on an AIRAC  basis.

I could only guess that a registry key is not getting written to the correct location and suggest you submit a support ticket via the link above.

Gentlemen,

Sorry for intruding into your discussion, but let me ask one question, which for sure AS may wish to answer.

How the NavDataPro users can update their RW database for TOPCAT? The straight forward answer from FlightSimSoft is "Aerosoft's Navdatapro doesn't support TOPCAT as their AIRAC provider doesn't make the necessary data available".

I do not like to enter endless commercial discussions here, but this subject might be taken into consideration for the users of NavDataPro  and TOPCAT.

Thank you and sorry for interruption once again!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Srcooke, thanks for the answer:

• Support: You are right, there is a support page and I will try that link and will let you know if I get answer and when. But I doubt because the forum is "closed" since a couple of years.
  • Aircrafts: Weights are not the problem. What I am looking for is a tool to calculate V1, V2, VR and FLEX and not just for the A320 CFM.......
  • Database: I think GOSHOB made a nice and correct statement on this.......

Regards,

Rolf

Archived