Madeira Evolution X - Runway + PAPI issues

gpxe

Hello everyone

Just spent a few hours flying around Madeira.

I have Madeira Evolution X on P3D v4.4 + OrbX Global Base+Vector+LC on Windows 10. PC is i7 3Ghz with 16 Go memory.

No specifc mesh + I followed all the instructions on the Meash specific thread. Indeed, no mesh issue visually. Mesh is set at 1m, scenery at Dense.

I still have two problems though :

1/ runway is disappearing when taxig on the runway to take off from runway 23 (so basically when you are above the platform) > conflict between LPMA_OBJ-Ground.bgl and LPMA_OBJ-Hidden.bgl ? (please note that  the runway also disappear when flying over, but more randomly)

2/ very "funny" behaviour with PAPI on both side (05 and 23), but only when heading 23 or so : PAPI lights are moving (more precisely, they are rotating !!) - See attached pictures with a close eye

If you guys have any ide to solve those two points, you would make my day.

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Good morning again 

In addition to my previous post, please note that I already applied the two latest available fixes (the one for the meshes and the one for the objects). 

Thanks 

• Deputy Sheriffs

What version of Madeira x evolution are you running? 1.05a is the latest.

In addition there is fix file containing all fixes.

Hello Bob

Thanks for your reply.

I have 1.05a, yes, and I did already apply the fixes (did it again with the file you indicated, just to be sure - btw, your file is misleading as it is named 1.02, and you only see it's for 1.05a when you read the readme.txt.

Well, unfortunately, no change.

Regarding the rotating PAPIs, the faulting file is LPMA_RWY-PAPI.bgl. I wanted to take a look deeper, so I decompiled that. Gosh, it's coded with SCASM !! Who is still using that code ? It's 15 years outdated ! Anyway, after very careful analysys, I came to the conclusion (and I solved the rotating PAPIs issue) that, for whatever reason (maybe because you are asking P3D v4 to read FS98), any time you rotate the reference (meaning giving an angle vs North) (by way of the Transform_Mat instruction), the first object placed with that angle will be moving. Couldn't believe it ! So the way I got it OK was to create a very small object (invisible) for the same angle as the PAPIs. This small object is certainly rotating somewhere, but I can't see it ! I can provide the coding lines if you need.

Regarding the disappearing runway, the faulting file is LPMA_OBJ-Ground.bgl. I suspect that the platform in the north of the runway is not perfectly aligned with the ground at the apron level. So the runway disappear above the platform. To prove that, I created a LPMA_OBJ-Ground-elevated bgl (at 10 cm above ground) and now I can see the runway everywhere. Well, the outcome is pretty ugly to be honest as the runway object is partilly transparent so you can see the other one below. I'm not happy with his workaround.

Wanna pass this on to the developpers and see what they could do ?

Many thanks

Archived