Mega Airport Heathrow Extended weird runway

kyurem900

Hello! I have this weird runway that seems to pop up under the runway of the scenery in FSX. I have looked at other forum topics on this and have found no solution that worked. At first, I looked if any old Heathrow files were conflicting with the scenery but have had no luck in finding any. I also do not have ORBX installed if that helps with anything. I have attached screenshots to show the issue. Thank you for your time and I would really appreciate a timely reply.

2019-3-27_0-1-51-581.BMP 2019-3-26_23-54-1-20.BMP

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please post in .jpg/.jpeg format. The same image is considerably smaller and therefore quicker to load. You can convert them using the Paint app in Windows (usually parked in the Windows Accessories folder off your Start menu) or another their party tool.

Thanks in advance.

As Mathijs said, this could very well be from an AFCAD that gets installed from AI Aircraft programs such as MyTraffic, or you could have an AFCAD or Scenery for Heathrow that are still active.

I do not have any AI traffic programs on my computer. I have also run a search on my FSX folder as well as my computer and have not found any AFCAD or scenery for Heathrow other than Mega Airport Heathrow Xtended files

in EGLL the AFCAD runway is much wider than the real one (to make correct hold positions possible) - maybe something makes that "shine through"

do you use the original AFCAD or did you modify it (possible compilation error)?

• Developer

The screens don't show the scenery as it is designed, but the afcad runway as shown should be covered by the ground. There are some other points on the screens, I must check first tomorrow.

• Developer

Have checked it and could not reproduce the situation of the screens, even with the Jetway Patch installed.

Please check if there is a file called EGLL_EXC.BGL in your <FSX>\Aerosoft\Mega-Airport-London-Heathrow-Xtended_Airport\scenery directory

When this file is missing, in my case the Afcad is visable, but here it is not transparent.

It also looks like you use the Tool GSX, which may deal with the Afcad to remove the Jetways (which are not visiable on your screenshot) and this will kill something and makes the afcad visable that way.

• Developer

The only tip to try I can give is to delete the subfolders (shaders*) you find below C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

With the next restart of the FSX they will be rebuilded. Maybe they are damage.

nope - just the shaders are reset to default

If you are not using any shader mods that's not a bad thing to to if you are experiencing strange visuals - those chaches thend to get "a hit" from time to time 😉

If you like to be "extra cautious" just rename the shader folder to ...bak

Archived