Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
theophile

Restart

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I accidentally shut down an engine inflight.I  tried to restart it,but to no avail.Does anyone know what the procedure is to restart an engine inflight?And has anyone been able to do so

in this simulation aircraft?I landed the aircraft without any problems on 3 engines but next time I would really like to be able to restart the engine.So,if anyone has any knowledge about

doing so in this Aerosoft DC-8,please let me know.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

Air starts are not modeled, but it is something I have intended to add and your post is a good reminder for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/24/2019 at 7:08 PM, Michael2 said:

Air starts are not modeled, but it is something I have intended to add and your post is a good reminder for me. 

 

I have restarted one engine in flight before.

 

I think I did it using bleed air from the other three engines.  It's been a few months so it is hard for me to remember, but I'm pretty sure I simply used the normal start procedure, and luckily with three running engines I had enough air to start the one engine.

 

A true "air start" would be if you didn't have sufficient bleed air, correct?

Share this post


Link to post

That is very interesting.I did try the normal procedure with bleed air from the other engines(bleed air valve open,pneumatics from the other engines on high) but it

did not work.I will try to recreate this in one of my future flights.Thanks for the update Mace!

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/30/2019 at 3:24 AM, theophile said:

That is very interesting.I did try the normal procedure with bleed air from the other engines(bleed air valve open,pneumatics from the other engines on high) but it

did not work.I will try to recreate this in one of my future flights.Thanks for the update Mace!

It's unrealistic, but what I have been doing is setting a command to FSUIPC Autostart Engine (non engine specific) trigger the command and then type 1-4.  The fuel system seems glitchy and the outboard mains have run dry because they were feeding their respective wing engines.

Share this post


Link to post

Inflight start....official checklist procedure

Fire Shutoff lever       NORMAL  Not modeled on this DC8

trust Lever                  CLOSED

Fuel Shutoff  Lever    FUEL OFF

Engine HYD Pump (2 or 3) BYPASS

Airspeed                     IN RANGE

Eng RPM (min 14% N2 & 9% N1= CHECKED (Windmilling)

Oil Pressure                INDICATION

Main Tank Boost pump         BOOST & FEED

Ignition Override                   ALL ENGINES

Ignitor (DC8 62&63=                        BOTH

Fuel Shutoff Lever                FUEL ON

All normal starting callouts apply

Engine                        STABILIZED

Ignition Override       OFF

Electrical Power         SET

Low Pressure Pneumatic Switch       LOW or OFF

Engine HYD Pump    ON

Observe     2 minute warm-up

 

Here is the procedure for a restart in flight
of the DC8 Aerosoft...No problem, I tried it

Pneumatic pressure OK Make a star like on the ground  LOL!

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2019 at 4:48 AM, domm said:

Here is the procedure for a restart in flight
of the DC8 Aerosoft...No problem, I tried it

Pneumatic pressure OK Make a star like on the ground  LOL!

 

I'm not sure how you got it to do this.  I have 0 N2 rotation in flight in a speed enveloper of 200-350 KIAS between 5000MSL-FL300.  Couple we get a fuel tank fix or atleast the ability to air start these engines correctly?  I would prefer both as you should be able to Airstart and X-Feed at the very least, I would also prefer to be able to X-Feed or fill the tanks as desired.

@Michael2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, thibodb said:

I'm not sure how you got it to do this.  I have 0 N2 rotation in flight in a speed enveloper of 200-350 KIAS between 5000MSL-FL300.  Couple we get a fuel tank fix or atleast the ability to air start these engines correctly?  I would prefer both as you should be able to Airstart and X-Feed at the very least, I would also prefer to be able to X-Feed or fill the tanks as desired.

@Michael2

Hello,

 You  right. Exactly, I just tried, no restart in flight. But OK as the 737 Microsoft..Ctrl + E and it's OK (not very realistic)  LOL !!
 

Share this post


Link to post

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...