A320 Pro tutorial discrepancies/questions (03/2019)

Dear Support-Team,

i own the A320 family since this week and today i started with the Step-by-Step Tutorial flight (after reading it already completely through to get an overview).

It is the flight from EDDF Frankfurt to EGLL Heathrow with an A319.

Now i face some differences from the Cockpit Situation to what is written in the tutorial:

1) there are some differences between the Checklist-Function and the checklist points mentioned in the document - but ok, i follow the ingame-checklist of course.

2) Loading the Plane: In the tutorial, its mentioned the A319 has 124 Pax  - but i can load more than 150... ok, no problem so far. But im curious: Why is there such a difference?

3) I load the company route as mentioned in the tutorial (FRALHR1). Contrary to the tutorial, the SID and Star is already programmed, i did not have to add them manually. The STAR in EGLL is already programmed for runway 09L (in the tutorial i should fly to 27L). I decided to try with the predefined company route and did not change the STAR. But i have an discontinuity after Waypoint LAM, there is an "MANUAL" entry. Tutorial says, delete the discontinuity (clear in the MCDU scratchpad, then click on the respective button). But i can not delete it. Why?

For me as a newbie, these little discrepancies between document and cockpit make it difficult to understand this very important part of MDCU programming.

So i aborted my first flight now because i could not eliminate this flightplan discontinuity.

Any hints for me?

Regards,

Jan

• Deputy Sheriffs

2)  some old error, when we extended the max PAX number
3) in the config manager is an option to use flightplans with and without RWY/SID/STAR.
after manual leg is always a discon, that can't be deleted.

I think it is by design. I cannot delete the discoutinuity, if it comes after MANUAL.

My opinion: That means the pilot would select DIRECT to IAF/FAF  when established on the manual heading and at the appropriate altitude. Meaning a vector is given by ATC at that point of the procedure.

From another source:

If there is a MANUAL entry before any DISCO - you need to clear that first - as this indicates that from that point you should get vectors according to the STAR/SID. You cannot clear a DISCO after a MANUAL entry, so first clear the MANUAL, and then the DISCO

BTW I cannot clear the MANUAL either.

Archived