Installer won't open

I just bought the Aerosoft A320/A321 professional and downloaded the file, and extracted it to a folder on my desktop. But no matter what I do, i can't get the installer to start. It pops up with the normal "do you want this app to make changes" like normal where you can press yes and no, I press yes and nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated :)

• 1 month later...

I too have the same issue, because I bought  my copy from Just flight Aerosoft support tell me they cant help. If you find a solution I would be very interested as both justflight and aerosoft have said the responsibility lies with the other.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you on Windows 10 which was updated from either Windows 7 or 8?

If yes, it is likely that your user account got corrupted during the update. To get the installer running, please create a new user account, login into this one and run the installer from there.

No I'm on a PC bought wit windows 10 pre installed. The A320 ran with out a problem when I bought it March this year. I removed it to manage some storage issues. On re downloading it I found the install program crashes immediately after I click yes in the allow this program to make changes window. No message just returns to desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

I searched the forum for this same problem. I came across this thread. I am unable to install CRJ DC8 and Cologne/Bonn. I can run installer for Zurich Heathrow and Oslo with no issues. I don't know but somethings tells me Aerosoft updater could be the culprit. As those 3 addons use the updater exclusively. I unsinstalled all products to do a fresh install of P3d. Don't know if any lingering files exist. All products purchased from Aerosoft shop. User account shield opens. Asks would I like to make changes? I click yes then nothing. It closes itself. I run task manager nothing running in regards to it. Also all antivirus are turned off.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In Windows 10, it installs to Documents/Aerosoft folder.

Does everything install there, including such things as Sim Objects, etc.?  I ask because right now I do have it installed in the Add On Manager.  Only a few things are in my Documents/Aerosoft folder.  Please confirm.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, CDreier said:

ask because right now I do have it installed in the Add On Manager. 

Why have you installed it there? This folder got nothing to do with Aerosoft and the Airbus. It has been created by FSDT. I strongly advice not to install into a folder created by another addon!!!

I suggest to do the following:

- create a folder outside the P3D mainfolder, something like ...\P3D Addons

- install the Airbus into this folder

- also you can install any addon that offers you to install outside P3D into this folder.

Regarding the Airbus installation:

- All aircraft related files, as shown in Dave's screenshot, install into 1 folder

- additionally soem generic files/folders used by other Aerosoft addons too, are installed under C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft...documents\Aersoft

Thanks guys, really!  I've installed as it should be and hopefully this will eliminate the ongoing problem I've experienced with "NT Log could not be generated" which has plagued me.  

Archived