twin otter GPS/Nav radio

touchstone

Hi,

1.I have read the remedies for the inoperative nav radio on this aircraft.

I have unnistalled/installed.I have searched for the file 'quart.ttf. and it does not seem to be on my pc.The nav radio when tuned does not show any details,no needle movement and no aural ident.The comms are working.I have version v1.21 from flight sim store and there are no updates in my account there.

2.On the GPS pressing the FPL button always give me a direct to wpt to complete.Thus,there is no way to manually add a flight plan.

Running W7.
Regards,

Anthony,

Hi,

I have done some further investigations with default aircraft parked-up at EGPH(Edinburgh) and then Twin Otter at same location.I used a selection of VORs and found that  one of the VORs I used produced an ident signal,needle change in both and in the Otter also filled in the panel details.I know some Vors do not have an audio signal but should still move the needle anyway.

The GPS 530 does not have 'nrst' button unlike the default GPS 500.This button was very useful as it gives the capablities of each VOR.This 530 also seems not faciltate a manual flight plan entry-strange!

I can now work-around the issues now that I know that some Vors are recognised.I can leave out the manual entry.So,consider matter closed.

Archived