Lights on switches sometimes working and sometimes not

Hello!

I have a big problem. Sometimes it happens that lights on the switches in the cockpit are not working. For example if I press on the button to start APU there is no yellow light, if I press the switch to start the right engine there is no yellow indication on the switch.... 

On some flights it doesn't work but on some flights it is works perfectly.

Is also made a Prepar3D V4.4 and CRJ reinstall.

Regards!

• Developer

It might be that you're pressing the APU START button too shortly after the PWR/FUEL button. Check the right EICAS for the message "APU IN BITE" to disappear before you press APU START

I always wait for APU IN BITE message to dissapear. When I have this issue almost all lights on switches are not working (packs, fuel BOOST punps and valves etc...), for example when I press CONT. ignition button there is no indication on the switch that shows it's ON (but there is a message on EICAS). Pedestal is also affected by this issue, when I make a FIREX test, there are no lights on Cargo FIREX panel.

Not yet. When this problem occures I restart P3D and after restarting it works.

I didn't have this issue in the previous version of CRJ. This issue started with version 1.2.3.0, the version that was needed for V4.4

vor 19 Stunden , Branimir sagte:

Not yet. When this problem occures I restart P3D and after restarting it works.

I didn't have this issue in the previous version of CRJ. This issue started with version 1.2.3.0, the version that was needed for V4.4

@Hans Hartmann I also had this strange behaviour but only once... . In my case neither the Warning lamps did illuminate. The CRJ was "half dead" for some reason. I also had to restart P3D and all went back to normal.

I loaded up the Cub first when it happened. Never seen this issue before and it didn't occure since then.

PS:

I think that the CRJ is very sensitive when loading, meaning, it somethimes initializes depending too much on "Previous flight" or "Previous aircraft" XML settings, or loads in different C&D states as with PB ON or PB OFF. My feeling is that the "AVAIL" Light bug when GP is anabled has also something to do with these loading states...

• Developer

I changed the complete startup process recently and removed some stuff that was only needed for 32-bit compatibility. Once the next testing cycle starts (in several months), I'll ask testers to have an eye on this.

Thank you! Now I see I am not the only one having this issue.

I hope Aerosoft will fix this in the next update.

Everything else works perfectly (except this lights issue) like never before with the latest update!

On 28.3.2019 at 06:14, Branimir sagte:

Now I start Aerosoft CRJ by loading C-3 Cub first and this issue happened again.

Could you please test something:

1. Start P3D, chose the Cub and pick your departing airport gate of your liking.

2. If the engine on the Cub is not running, the please start it by pressing Ctrl+E (hopefuly you did not delete this Control asignement for automatic engine start)

3. With the Cubs engine running, go in the upper menu bar and select your vehicle -> the CRJ version you like

4. After the CRJ loads up and initializes (hopefully you have set Cold and Dark as default), go to DAVE and set the chocks and GPU.

Q1: Do you have the green AVAIL light on (Overhead AC button)?

Q2: Do your other lights work?

Please follow the exact steps and report back.

Thank you!

I have been doing these steps for few weeks.

Yesterday I made a EDDM-LJLJ flight and AVAIL light for external power was not working and the light on the ICE test button was also not working.

On some flights all lights are working and on some flights all lights are dead.

I have to do the LAMP TEST before preparing the aircraft for the flight to see if I have to reload the aircraft.

@Branimir I understand that you are struggling with every flight, still it is important to read all the above steps and perform them IN THE EXACT order as described.

As I already wrote, I believe the CRJ has some initialisation issues strongly depending on what aircraft is loaded, how it is loaded and in which state it is loaded. Therefore, the above steps are NOT a workaround to your issue but TEST to see if you get the same results as I do!

If we both have the same results then it is clear that we have to point the DEV in that direction.

Disregard the above testing procedure. The CRJ loads different panel states with every launch on my end:

1. Parkbrake OFF and DAVE OFF

2. Parkbrake ON and DAVE OFF

3. Parkbrake ON and DAVE ON

4 Parkbrake OFF and DAVE ON

Same goes for the AVAIL light which sometimes works in one of the above loading states and somethimes not.

I have just started a flight by loading the J-3 Cub and then switched to CRJ and half of the lights were not working - engine startup lights, lights on ELEC panel...

vor 5 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

How exactly do you load it again? For me, the state is always the same after every start.

I use the attached scenario file which loads the Commander first and then I load the CRJ from the vehicles menu.

Hi Hans,

your states might be the same because you maybe load a saved scenario (I will try your files).

For testing porposes just do the following:

1. Go to your Documents and move all *.fxml and *.wx files located under Prepar3d v4 Files.

2. Fire up P3D

3. If you moved all scenarios, P3D will show you the F22-Raptor located KVPS RW19 on the welcome screen.

4. Click "Change vehicle" and choose your CRJ then hit "OK"

After the CRJ initializes succesfuly, take note of the PB position and if DAVE is ON or OFF

5. Close P3D

Under your Documents -> Prepar3d v4 Files you will find 2 new files named Previous Flight.* -> LEAVE THEM THERE

Now repeat step 2 to 5 always taking note on the PB and DAVE -> on my system those always change.

Regards,

Gerald

Archived