In-flight save possible?

lambourne

Is it possible to save in mid flight and load the scenario with the same panel state and MCDU settings? I am running P3D v4.3 with the A318/319 v1.2.3.1. No environmental addons other than FSXWX 161. I have UK2000's Heathrow and Gatwick airports installed.

I have tried this with a savegame starting about 15nm E of EGKK at around 3,500ft. Using the default P3D savegame option ( the ; key), when I load the saved scenario the sim shows an error saying "there was a problem deserializing the panel state". If I load the saved scenario after another flight, the left MCDU goes blank (so no init/perf/flight plan data and no waypoints on the nav display) and the autothrottle stops working. The scenario will only load with the A319 in a flyable condition if I have previously exited and restarted P3D.

Obviously this is no good if I want to practice approaches, I may as well fly circuits for the amount of time it takes to restart the sim! Help gratefully received. :)

Archived