V.1.2.3.2 A318/9 & A320/1 problem with FCU fonts

Krisutian

Hi!

I recently updated both busses and now i'm facing some annoying problems! I searched solution and found one simmer who have had the same problem, but when i tried re-installing the update with antivirus off, the problem still existed. Should I do clean re-installation or is there some solution for this FCU font problem?

Please login to display this image.

There are two things which can cause this.  The installer requires Admin privileges in order to install to the Windows Fonts folder, so if the installer wasn't run "As Admin" then that is the cause.  The other possible cause is not disabling computer security prior to running the installer "As Admin". 

You should be able to disable computer security and re-run the installer "As Admin" (right click on the installer and select "Run as Administrator") and install over your existing installation and then reboot.  If it doesn't work after that, you may have to Uninstall the Airbus Pro, remove any remaining Airbus folders (in the Documents/Aerosoft folder but leave the AS Updater folder alone), reboot, reinstall as shown above, reboot.

Let us know how you make out?

Best wishes!

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There are two things which can cause this.  The installer requires Admin privileges in order to install to the Windows Fonts folder, so if the installer wasn't run "As Admin" then that is the cause.  The other possible cause is not disabling computer security prior to running the installer "As Admin". 

You should be able to disable computer security and re-run the installer "As Admin" (right click on the installer and select "Run as Administrator") and install over your existing installation and then reboot.  If it doesn't work after that, you may have to Uninstall the Airbus Pro, remove any remaining Airbus folders (in the Documents/Aerosoft folder but leave the AS Updater folder alone), reboot, reinstall as shown above, reboot.

Best wishes!

Thanks Dave for your detailed answer, I'll give it a try!

31 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Best wishes!

Sadly no effect, fonts are still messed up 😕 I looked Fonts at Windows directory and all ¨airbus¨ fonts were installed 2018, so once again the fonts didn't install.  Is it possible to attach those missing font installers here so I could just install those? That would be smoothest and quickest way to get those busses work properly again, if that kind of fix would work :) 

16 minutes ago, Krisutian said:

Sadly no effect, fonts are still messed up 😕 I looked Fonts at Windows directory and all ¨airbus¨ fonts were installed 2018, so once again the fonts didn't install.  Is it possible to attach those missing font installers here so I could just install those? That would be smoothest and quickest way to get those busses work properly again, if that kind of fix would work :) 

No sir.   It's something on your system, but the good news is that if you put in a Support Ticket, we should be able to get this worked out for you fairly quickly.  The link is: https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/home

Best wishes my friend!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Other possible issue: are you using any Steam software? If so check with the Windows Taskmanager whether their are any Steam services running in the background and kill them, then try again to install.

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

Other possible issue: are you using any Steam software? If so check with the Windows Taskmanager whether their are any Steam services running in the background and kill them, then try again to install.

Yes actually I'am using steam! I'll try that.

Archived