Gibraltar Terrain Issue (It used to work before)

Panman

Hi,

I am using P3D v4.4.  I have recently reinstalled Gibraltar (v1.10) and I have the following issue....

Please login to display this image.

Now, it used to work just fine in v 4.3, and I am at my wits end as to why this is happening in v4.4.  I have deleted and installed it about 7 times over the last 2 days trying to solve this issue and the post that I could find with pictures showing another user with a similar issue turned out to be not a fix.  I have tried installing it both inside and outside of the main P3D folder.  I have tried the file that was supposed to fix the terrain flickering issue that was identified in the other post, to see if maybe it would solve the terrain issued.  Note I do not have flickering.

I have no tweaks applied other than wide screen.

I have various Orbx sceneries as can be seen in the next 2 screenshots, however you will notice that while I do own Vector, it is not installed as it causes more headaches than what it's worth..

The AFX_LXGB_ALT.bgl file is where it should be...

I include for you screenshots of my scenery config up to where the default scenery takes up the rest of the entries.  I a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to ordering my sceneries, so I have them sorted in alphabetical order by airport code.  Yes I know it's a lot of sceneries and yes I legitamately purchased them all.  This is not even half of the sceneries that I own.

I would be grateful for any assistance that could be proferred.

Aaron

-ooo-

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you added all addons manually via add-on.xml, please show the one for LXGB.

Have you checked if there are any LXGB files inside ORBX folder? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I saw something similar with another scenery. Reason was an incorrect entry combined with wrong order in scenery library. E.g. what you have on Position 1 should IMHO be at the end of the library.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think the only way to sort out this issue is to disable products to see what exactly clashes. 

Hmm, I will give that a go I guess.  Not home until Sunday, but will let you know.

3 hours ago, masterhawk said:

As you added all addons manually via add-on.xml, please show the one for LXGB.

Have you checked if there are any LXGB files inside ORBX folder? 

When I get home on Sunday, if Mathijs idea didn't solve it, then I will post it.

There are no LXGB files inside of the ORBX directory.

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

I saw something similar with another scenery. Reason was an incorrect entry combined with wrong order in scenery library. E.g. what you have on Position 1 should IMHO be at the end of the library.

I will keep this in mind for when I get home on Sunday.  Will try moving the FSDG file....

Aaron

-oOo-

Well I manually disabled all other scenery including ORBX and still was having the terrain issue.

However, I think at this point, I will accept the blame for it not working, may have something to do with the way I have tidied up my scenery, I might have done something in error that is causing the scenery issue.

What I will do at this point is wait until P3D 4.5 is out, do a full wipe as I normally do and install Gib first after all of the essentials (the last time I updated only the content it caused me issues so I always do a full wipe and clean install).

So go ahead and close this topic, and if need be when 4.5 is released I will start a new topic.

Aaron

-oOo-

• Herman locked this topic
  • OPabst unlocked this topic
  • Developer

Before we close this thread, one point to check:

We see in the past, that an addon installer or tool has removed or disabled the default entry in the scenery Library, which points to the <P3D>\scenery\World folder (is the second one at the bottom of the list, don't know the title yet).

When this entry is missing or unchecked, then the AFX_LXGB_ALT.BGL (and all others) will not be loaded, even when it is correct in this folder.

The result is, that the alt of the airport is readed and used based on the default afcad and the ground will be liftup as seen on your screens.

So please check if this entry is still in you scenery library and activ.

As you can see, I also have the GIBRALTAR scenery, and I can assure you that your problem is the LAYER of the scenery, in which some ADDON is playing it to you, I do not have that, I assure you.

On 3/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, OPabst said:

Before we close this thread, one point to check:

We see in the past, that an addon installer or tool has removed or disabled the default entry in the scenery Library, which points to the <P3D>\scenery\World folder (is the second one at the bottom of the list, don't know the title yet).

When this entry is missing or unchecked, then the AFX_LXGB_ALT.BGL (and all others) will not be loaded, even when it is correct in this folder.

The result is, that the alt of the airport is readed and used based on the default afcad and the ground will be liftup as seen on your screens.

So please check if this entry is still in you scenery library and activ.

Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately I saw this too late.  I have already started the process for reinstalling P3D.  I will however keep an eye on this for the future.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived