Low FPS Airbus X

WillOwen

Hi, 

Looking for some advice when using Airbus X on P3D V3 my FPS Starts off at 25-35fps within 15 minutes the fps drops to 15 - 25fps then at 45 minutes lucky to get 10fps this seems only to be with the Airbus it happens to. 

Here is my system 

HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

(RAM)    8.00 GB 
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2GB 

I am also running add-on airports such as Ibiza X and UK2000 Bristol 

Any help would be much appreciated.

- Will 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Running  a simuator (FSX, P3D or whatever) means very high load on the CPU resulting in high temperatures and ending up with throttling down the CPU to avoid damagees to the CPU. And thats the reason why you see low fps.

In general it is not recommend to use a notebook for simming, other then it is a notebook dedicted to gaming with very high CPU load and proper cooling. And yours is definitely not one of those notebooks.

You can try to lower all settings in P3D asking for performance to reduce th CPU laod.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, WillOwen said:

Thanks, looks like time to invest in a gaming rig any idea of any good specs to get with under  £1,000? 

A very dangerous question :D

I suggest to read a bit through this section of the forum to get an idea, as this kind of question has already ben asked:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/245-hardware-and-os-discussions-suggestions-and-insights/

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived