A320/321 Takeoff Modelling

Hi All,

Firstly just want to say how good the A3xx series is - I am so impressed with it.

I just want to check that I am configuring takeoff correctly however, as my takeoff performance doesn't really match with real-life - for example, I have been watching YouTube videos of 320 and 321 takeoffs, using Flap 2 - and it seems that they keep flaps 2 extended for 2 or 3 minutes after take-off - and then down to 1 for another 2-3 minutes.

In the aerosoft version, I find that I am having to climb out at over 4000fpm just to keep it under 200knts after takeoff, and flap retraction from 2-0 happens in a number of seconds after takeoff - is this normal? - I am using a Cost Index of 20 if that helps - should there be a reduced thrust option?

Thanks

Hi,

youtube videos really do not serve any purpose here. First of all different airports have different procedures. Some use NADP1, some use 2. Others again have their own special procedures. Some have SID's with speed restrictions which require the flaps to stay extended longer to be able to fly that speed.

Then the airline comes into play: Do they prefer any specific NADP to be used or do they maybe have their own procedures?

Flaps 2 extended for a short while after takeoff sounds a lot like you saw a video with NADP1 used.

Of course you can reduce takeoff thrust in our Airbus. Check the tutorial for details.

If your plane is really light and you use TOGA for takeoff, that seems normal I suppose.

Most of the times I use Flaps 2 for takeoffs, and let the computers decide flex temp, use MAN FLEX for throttle setting and after takeoff, until the acceleration altitude (commonly 1500 feet AGL) I let the speed increase a bit and then set Flaps one. 

When I reach S speed, the caret gets pass it and accelerating, I retract flaps fully.

I feel it is almost like the same in those videos. But I use random load for the aircraft.

You need to be sure you're loading your passengers and cargo before takeoff. Tutorials are your best friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived