Company Route Editor

Matthias Markus

I realized, that Company Route Editor stores flightplans as ".FPL". Normally I use Active Sky as weatherengine. To load a flightplan in Active Sky it should be a ".PLN" - file. Does anyone Know how to convert, or is there any other possibility to get files from Company Rout Editor in AS? On other ways created flightplans which are stored in Company Route Editor seldom match with those created in AS.

Thanks for answering!

Greetings, Matthias

• Deputy Sheriffs

The CRE is not a flight planning tool. Its main purpose is to convert flightplan files and/or route strings from other sources in a format that can be read by the Airbus. I suggest to use something like Simbrief which creates files in the formats you need for AS and the Bus

I suggest either PFPX (heralded as the finest flight sim route/flight planner there is) or there is an EXCELLENT freeware and web based flight planner called SimBrief.  They will create flight plans formatted for most any aircraft that uses an FMS/FMGS and will provide the flight plans for FSX/P3D (which are used by ActiveSky).  They are equally terrific tools.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes!

An image is always better than a thousand words.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived