QNH problem

keenrw

Hi

With STD pressure setting set if you accidently press the B key it sets the local airport presure (away from 1013/2992) but the QNH knob still shows STD , i was flying back from EGPH to EGKK in the EZY jet A320 when a mate said i was 400 feet too high when level at FL370,.. i managed to get it back to normal but this could cause issues when flying online with ATC (was on uni at the time) .... is there a way to disable the B key once on STD mode?

Thanks

Rich

Please login to display this image.

now the problem .... pressing the B key reverts to the airport pressure setting note the alt but the knob still says STD, This could cause problems with ATC due to  wrong pressure settings online and how would you know if it says STD?

Hello!  Thanks for your input.

You'll always have to select Standard or a specific pressure value yourself.  The "B" key is a shortcut (which as I'm sure you know doesn't exist in the actual aircraft) and we won't be coding it to also change the system from standard to a specific value when the B key is pressed on the keyboard.  That would require polling the switch positon, then deciding if Standard should remain (based on Altitude) or changed to a specific value, and then making that change.  All of that adds to the ever growing CPU cycles and that has a direct impact on frame rates.  We are in the process of making additional changes to the flight deck so we need to make these decision in a economic manner to insure that frame rates remain on the positive side.

Many thanks for your input, while this suggestion isn't something we might not wish to do (at least not until the flight deck is fully set), we still have open ears!

Best wishes my friend.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello!  Thanks for your input.

You'll always have to select Standard or a specific pressure value yourself.  The "B" key is a shortcut (which as I'm sure you know doesn't exist in the actual aircraft) and we won't be coding it to also change the system from standard to a specific value when the B key is pressed on the keyboard.  That would require polling the switch positon, then deciding if Standard should remain (based on Altitude) or changed to a specific value, and then making that change.  All of that adds to the ever growing CPU cycles and that has a direct impact on frame rates.  We are in the process of making additional changes to the flight deck so we need to make these decision in a economic manner to insure that frame rates remain on the positive side.

Many thanks for your input, while this suggestion isn't something we might not wish to do (at least not until the flight deck is fully set), we still have open ears!

Best wishes my friend.

Ok thanks for that , i just thought i would post it just incase anything can be done.

blue skys

Rich

1 minute ago, keenrw said:

Ok thanks for that , i just thought i would post it just incase anything can be done.

blue skys

Rich

I understand Rich, thank you so very much!

My very best wishes for Happy Flights!

Archived