MiscD2D log bug?

Jaksims

Hi, after flying a few sectors today I noticed that I had a warning saying my SSD was full - I was confused, as it had a good 400gb free earlier in the day..

After searching through, I found that there was a file in my A318/19 folder called MiscD2D.log - which was a staggering 335GB! 

Firstly, any idea what is this, and secondly, why has it decided to take all my hard drive space..

cheers!

Jakob

Please login to display this image.

For me it happened when I reinstalled version 1.2.3.0 after of course uninstalling the previous version.

The logs were not activated. I deleted the file that was impossible to read anyway because of its weight.

Since I did the updates until the last version (1.2.3.2), everything seems normal.

Richard

Thanks for reporting!

I really wonder what was logged that much! Normally that file is around 1 Kb only, so probably something went really wrong.
Any chance to know the contents of the beginning of the file? Many text viewers can open huge files instantly, without reading the entire contents to the memory. For instance, you can try internal viewers of file managers (press F3 to open), such as FAR or Total Commander. Also many standalone viewers, in case of need.

Can you try some?

Hi, this was the latest version of the 'bus downloaded last week or so, logging is disabled also. 

I couldn't load the file due to its size, and as I only have limited space, I deleted the file. If for any reason it should generate again, I will report back.

Yes please.

Any such viewer, as mentioned above, would open a huge file immediately. Try to copy a portion of text at the beginning. If you can't, just a screenshot of the beginning would also work.

Besides, don't forget about the LOG files please (make sure it's enabled).

• 1 month later...

Archived