Loose ability to do a checklist

Hi

It's been a few days since I've been able to use my sim, but I've just tried to find a big problem. I use (and want to continue) the built-in co-pilot. However, as you can see in the screenshot the cockpit prep is greyed out (despite me normally using it at this time). I've have never seen that before.

Previously, the one thing that has annoyed me is if you miss going through a motion you are supposed to (having been told to) initiate it late from the CHECKLIST A or B screens, but the system doesn't let you manually start a checklist now. therefore, for me, the only one I can normally use is the cockpit prep one - but now I can't even use that...!  See my screenshot.

Please help!

Thanks, Gaz

Please login to display this image.

I don't understand, but now I've begun oading the passengers, it's allowing me to do the first checklist item!?

I still have that problem of not being able to use another checklist item if I forgot to do it initially..., but they all remain greyed out.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To use the CL you previously have to load one of the predefined ACFT STATES - reason is that the CL knows from where to start e.g. which CL should be used.....

24 minutes ago, Hanse said:

To use the CL you previously have to load one of the predefined ACFT STATES - reason is that the CL knows from where to start e.g. which CL should be used.....

But what I'm in mid-flight? And I don't really understand the point of that screen if you can only ever use one button on there...?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry what do you mean "I'm in mid-flight" because the screen shot shows that you are on ground and parking. I suggest to load the ACFT STATE "Cold & Dark" again - I believe you started from there - and then enable the CL and COPILOT. Then the COCKPREP CL should change to "orange" and clicking on LSK3L should start it......

I understand the question. 

I'm suggesting that there are certainly other points along the flight where the copilot seems to give up on me because I've forgotten to do a checklist. In my example, i was at the gate, but in another example it could be at the start of the descent - if I have not chosen to start a list by pressing '1', for example, I should be able to tell the system I want to start a checklist. 

This is just a just a suggestion because it causes issues for me - but maybe that's just me. It has been recently I think! 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sory, there is no way to start the CL function "somewhere" during a flight p.e. before descent. Only if you are on the ground and the plane is configurated according to the 4 predefined aircraft states..... you can start the CL and Copilot function. If the function is enabled from the beginning you can start the specific checklist not only by using "1" but also from the MCDU3 menu because if a checklist is available it is marked in "orange". To remind you that a new checklist is "available" I suggest you use the "INFOBAR" option because then you will be reminded by a specific message on top of the screen.......

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived