PFPX and REX Skyforce 3d

Hi,

I recently purchased PFPX and I have been disappointed to discover that it does not work with REX Skyforce 3D. 

I have contacted REX asking if they were working on integrating REX Skyforce 3D with PFPX. 

REX sent me this reply, "With the release of Technical Update 2.1, we will be removing support for PFPX until we receive confirmation that it has been integrated into their program."

My question is, is there any intent to integrate REX Skyforce 3D into PFPX?

many thanks

Gary Bezant

You will get far better planning results using the PFPX online weather Gary.

Whilst I use ActiveSky in the sim all planning is done using PFPX online services giving accurate results.

The weather engine used in REX SkyForce is not only very basic and ill suited for airliner operations (try to find the TOC Temp with REX Sky Force... it's not there, and you need this info for every single flight in an airliner), it just has numerous problems even providing basic weather data to the sim. 

REX planned for years before the Sky Force release to replace the weather engine with that is much, much better, and to do this sometime after Sky Force was released.  But to date they have not provided the better weather engine.  It's noteworthy I think that previous REX products also had major weather engine problems, and maybe that why REX Texture Direct and Soft Clouds were texture only packages (no weather engine, but I don't know that for sure).

I spent years comparing all existing payware and freeware weather products, and for me PERSONALLY the best weather engine is firmly ActiveSky, and the best and most realistic weather textures are ActiveSky Cloud Art (ASCA) with Eventex.  I can't even see where any others come close.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys.
I´ve REX SkyForce3D, ActiveSky16 and PFPX.
I'm not sure why, but here's the answer from REX support over PFPX:

Developer: "We have temporarily disabled this function this mainly first to performance issues on the server as well as we are awaiting word from PFPX.  We emailed them again on 5/29.  No word yet."
https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48769-skyforce-and-pfpx/

and...

Support/Developer "I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue. Unfortunately, we have been trying to contact PFPX, and they have ignored our mail. At this time, we will have to remove support PFPX in the next update. I wish I had better news for you. If you want to try to reach out to their support and see if they can provide better insight into the issue, that may be an option."
Another developer: "You're very welcome. If you reach out and they are responsive, please update us as we would love to support PFPX!"
December 14, 2018.
https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49999-pfpx/

On 3/6/2019 at 7:15 AM, Gary B said:

Hi,

I recently purchased PFPX and I have been disappointed to discover that it does not work with REX Skyforce 3D. 

I have contacted REX asking if they were working on integrating REX Skyforce 3D with PFPX. 

REX sent me this reply, "With the release of Technical Update 2.1, we will be removing support for PFPX until we receive confirmation that it has been integrated into their program."

My question is, is there any intent to integrate REX Skyforce 3D into PFPX?

many thanks

Gary Bezant

Believe me: I also expect a solution / fix for this.

Regadrs

• 2 weeks later...

Archived