Landing, taxi and beacon lights issue

Rosario Manzo

• Developer

I can't reproduce this on FSX Acceleration, which is what I have installed.  I don't have the steam version.  Do you have any shader mods installed or the Direct X 10 mod? 

Does anyone else using Steam FSX see this problem? 

Hi Michael

I have no shader mods, nor DX10, but I've seen right now that reloading the aircraft fixed the issue.

Edit: tried to start a new flight, but the issue persists even after reloading the aircraft. I'm at a loss here.

Edit 2: disabling AS16 fixed the issue, maybe something with AS16 visual fixes? With AS16 enabled, the issue appeared again.

• Developer

I should have recognized the problem.  It's a drawback to these kinds of custom lights.  The whole texture turns partially opaque if the visibility is very low.  All addons with this kind of lighting do that.  In P3D we can now use directional lights that are much easier to make and don't have this issue.  

If you are landing in fog, it's best not to turn the lights on.  Maybe I should inhibit the lights when the visibility reaches a certain threshold.                           

Thanks Michael

I've seen this kind of issue described on FS developer forum.

Do you think it may be possible in the future to let the user choose between standard and 3d lights?

It's just a suggestion, the aircraft is pure beauty and a joy to fly.

Archived