March's Screenshot Compition - "SOMETHING" - Boeing!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Folks.....March is upon us, again my apologies for last month's absence, but family first.  I would also like to thank TorstenFS for taking the initiative of keeping the Screenshot spirit alive.  On my recent flight back into the US I though about trying some a bit different this month and depending on how it goes may make into a mini-series of sorts, and in so doing it does not really limit entrants because they may not have that type of aircraft, scenery, etc.

This month we'll focus on the theme "SOMETHING" Boeing where you are allowed to post ANYTHING providing it belongs to or relates to BOEING.  Notice that the word aircraft is not a part of the Boeing theme - but this does not mean that you can not post an aircraft, we'd just prefer to see some creativity put into the shot.  I have posted a few images to give a hint, and I am sure you talented screenshot artists can perfect my thought process.

Thoughts, comments and or criticisms are always welcomed

BOEING 732 - Taxiing to holding short (not that creative - just pretty)

Please login to display this image.

BOEING 732 - just prior to touchdown at EGHI

BOEING 727 - Close up of mains touching the runway

BOEING 772 - Overhead panel

BOEING 772 - Avionics suite

BOEING - Manufacturing Plant (overflying Boeing Field)

BOEING - 787 taxing to RW16 for test flight from Paine Field

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgment day".  As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image.

@kroswyndMy pleasure! No need to apologize so much. I think we all are very, very thankfull to _YOU_ for your fabulous competition introductions over years. Really a very great job you did over this long period. What would the aerosoft forum be without this screenshot contest "institution" Kroswynd?!

If it would be a help for you, in this situation we all feel with you, we could alternate  for some time. I could not do it every month and I can never do it as well as you, so you have my greatest respect. Thank you again.
So if you like, I may have another try to give a theme in April? Just as you like . . .

A340 in FSX over a characteristic place of Long Beach, California - wellknown as the birthplace
of famous commercial jets like DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, MD-80, MD-11, MD90 and - of course - Boeing 717

Ola Aharon,
that's very funny!
Why? Because I wanted to ask you the same question at your magic February's Competition's picture :-)
I love these little gags and jokes, live is giving us so happily and often ;-)

So: mine is Megascenery X Southern California.
And yours?

Mine is FSX default with freeware POSKY 757 with FSX default snowflakes with FSX default white snow ground that I used paint brushes to create tire tracks and footprints. Using paint brushes to create tire tracks and footprints is lots of work.

Regards,

Aharon

Hello Aharon,
very fine that you also use FSX - salud!

vor 21 Stunden , Aharon sagte:

. . . with FSX default white snow ground that I used paint brushes to create tire tracks and footprints.

😉
For me it looks like a private ground photography you have tripled in the background 🙂
But maybe this is not the right place to discuss this more deeply . . .

vor 21 Stunden , Aharon sagte:

Using paint brushes to create tire tracks and footprints is lots of work.

What do you want to say with this passage?

That you are artist for creating tire tracks and footprints by using paint brushes? 😉

That a screenshot with lots of work _after_ pressing the V-key is more valuable than an original, pure screenshot?

Can you imagine that an original, pure screenshot needs some knowledge in geography, experience about the varying qualities of the different photorealistic sceneries and characteristics of the flight simulator and some (resp. lots of) work _before_ pressing the V-key?

Only asking - hope you understand what I mean.
Regards
Torsten

1 hour ago, TorstenFS said:

Can you imagine that an original, pure screenshot needs some knowledge in geography, experience about the varying qualities of the different photorealistic sceneries and characteristics of the flight simulator and some (resp. lots of) work

If you see hundreds hundreds hundreds of thousands thousands thousands thousands of my screenshots past 10 years in about 30 flight simming and aviation forums around the Internet, you will see that hundreds hundreds hundreds of thousands thousands thousands thousands of my screenshots past 10 years do fit your description that calls for "some knowledge in geography, varying qualities of the different photorealistic sceneries, and characteristics of the flight simulator"

I am probably the only person in the flightsimming to describe and identify name of city, street, avenue, highway, rivers, lakes, mountains, buildings, etc etc in EACH of hundreds of thousands of my screenshots published on flight sim and aviation forums past 10 years which is LOTS OF WORK.  That is called geography knowledge.  I use FSX default ground textures which are pretty realistic to match real world earth terrains and I do own few photoreal ground sceneries such as islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe but I avoid ORBX or fancy photoreal ground textures such as Megascenery because I am afraid it will mess up my FSX however I recently bought photoreal Nantucket island scenery and I am very lucky it works in my laptop.

I do not use fancy REX or Active Sky or Orbx or Megascenery.  I do not use fancy P3D.  I do not use expensive aircraft addons. And it is NOT easy for me to beat screenshots featuring REX or Active Sky or P3D or Orbx or Megascenery or expensive aircraft addons!!!!  Unedited screenshots without  REX or Active Sky or P3D or Orbx or Megascenery or expensive aircraft addons are NO NO NO match for screenshots featuring fancy REX or Active Sky or P3D or Orbx or Megascenery or expensive aircraft addons. I consider myself lucky if I win any screenshot contest because the odds of beating screenshots with fancy REX or Active Sky, fancy P3D, Orbx, Megascenery, and expensive aircraft addons is almost nil or zero.  If the famous person named 777-300ER or Nilo on Aerosoft forums enters screenshot contests every month, 777-300ER or Nilo would beat me easily in every single screenshot because he uses fancy softwares and I do not use those. Edetoit would easily beat me in every screenshot contest because he uses fancy cockpit panels and I use FSX default panels which is why I am very very lucky if I win a contest.

There is nothing wrong with editing to make screenshots look richer and better such as me adding fog effects to the February screenshot. I just use FSX default stuffs and enrich them by adding fog effects on FSX default sky or lightings on FSX default sky or creating footprints or tire tracks on FSX default grounds or creating water reflections on FSX default ground textures. That is all.  If I see FSX default light beacon in airport or light bulb on plane,  I use editing effects to make them look brilliant and bright.  That is all

TorstenFS says: pressing the V-key

I do not use v-key. That produces FOUR GB file size per screenshot which can eat up hard drive space since I average 60 screenshots per each flight past 10 years and still going on presently and future. I use PRT SC button which produces only 200kb file size per screenshot.

TorstenFS says: Ola Aharon,that's very funny!I love these little gags and jokes, live is giving us so happily and often 😉

I do not understand how this is funny or joke or gag considering the fact all I did was to ask you which ground texture software you bought and used for amazing screenshot showing city of Long Beach.  That is all.  Do not understand what is your problem

To screenshot contest administrator Kroswynd, please please please do NOT NOT consider me for this month's contest as I already won last month but I cannot resist your terrific idea for this month's theme called......"Something Boeing"

Deploying landing gear during final runway approach (try to find runway in the screenshot)

@Aharon : no problems - please feel fine!

By the way: very nice shot - as all the others in this thread.
Shows a lot of talents and what fantastic high level flight simulation has reached nowadays.
Double reason to be happy . . .

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 3/31/2019 at 11:43 PM, AA777-200ER said:

Lots of Boeing's

I currently don't own any Boeing's so AI will have to do...Darryl

Congratulations to AA777-200ER on winning March's screenshot contest.

I am assuming that this is KIAH (Houston), shows some character - foggy atmosphere although there is some movement a few gates are still open which could indicate delayed flights  inbound as a result of the fog.

Email to follow shortly

• kroswynd unlocked this topic
  • kroswynd unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived