CRJ-700 in-flight failure

Hello! During short flight (EDDF-EPWA) in the descend phase (about 8000ft) both engines suddenly stoped! Plane start to stall in a (looks like) cold and dark state but with a strange sound! Fuel amount was 1500 kg at this moment. That is was? And how to fix this issue?

• Developer

Hi! I remember one person reporting something similar about a year or so ago. In his case the MIXTURE CUT keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+F1) was used twice (in FSUIPC in his case. Could it be the same on your system?

I believe that Slavamirin had the same problem as I have.
I've only seen it once with the CRJ, but it was a total system failure from now on.
The strange sound comes almost certainly from the RAT which was automatically extended. So at least with me.

The symptoms are comparable as if a script was executed in the background by P3D and the plane was set to a cold and dark mode.

Mostly this behavior was described in the Airbuses, but I also had it in the QW787 and the P3Dv4-Herkules C130.

With the QW787 I could see that the cutoff switches were turned off and with the Hercules the fuel pumps of both external engines were switched off.

In another thread I also described this and Mathijs wrote the following:

For me it looks like an P3D issue and comes not from any Aircraft manufacturer

Regards, Wolfgang

Next flight - EDDM-UKOO. I deleted all keyboard shortcuts about "Magneto" and this flight was succesfully completed. I am not sure the reason was shortcuts, but anyway - flight was pretty good without issues. It is my landing at Odesa.

• Developer

OK. The problem is that you can't shut down the engines in some add-on aircraft without Ctrl+Shift+F1, but as long as you don't have one of these, you should be fine. Keep an eye on it and let me know if you get a total failure again.

I have another question: Do you use tomatoshade or something like that? This reddish tint in the cockpit looks awful ;)

3 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

OK. The problem is that you can't shut down the engines in some add-on aircraft without Ctrl+Shift+F1, but as long as you don't have one of these, you should be fine. Keep an eye on it and let me know if you get a total failure again.

I have another question: Do you use tomatoshade or something like that? This reddish tint in the cockpit looks awful ;)

Thank you! I tried Tomato (few profiles), but I do not like it.! So this is a stock P3D 4.4 shaders.

Archived