Cockpit flood lights issue

Hi,

In a recent flight I did I've noticed that if the flood lights are turned on when panning away from the relevant cockpit section the relevant flood light will disappear (does not make sense)? I use TrackIR and have dynamic lighting turned on.

The issue is that when looking ahead the main flood lights will not stay on. I have to pan down with TrackIR in order to get them to turn on (I mean pan down to an angle that does not make sense). Otherwise the cockpit is pitch black.

Any advice on this issue?

Thanks,

Shom

• Developer

There have been issues with effects "trailing" behind the aircraft in P3D v4.x at some point. It's well possible that this wasn't 100% fixed and still happens in rare occasions.

9 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

There have been issues with effects "trailing" behind the aircraft in P3D v4.x at some point. It's well possible that this wasn't 100% fixed and still happens in rare occasions.

Thanks Hans but is the flood light late appearance in general an accepted behavior (like the shadows behavior when panning)?

Or is this not experienced by all?

I am guessing LM should be fixing this? Do we know when?

• Developer

I personally haven't seen the late appearance issue at all yet. I also said that it's possibly (!!!!) a P3D issue. I'm not sure if it is one or (if it is one) if LM is even aware of it. ;)

On 5.3.2019 at 05:05, Shomron sagte:

Hi,

In a recent flight I did I've noticed that if the flood lights are turned on when panning away from the relevant cockpit section the relevant flood light will disappear (does not make sense)? I use TrackIR and have dynamic lighting turned on.

The issue is that when looking ahead the main flood lights will not stay on. I have to pan down with TrackIR in order to get them to turn on (I mean pan down to an angle that does not make sense). Otherwise the cockpit is pitch black.

Any advice on this issue?

Thanks,

Shom

Do you use UTL or other traffic software?

On 3/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you are sure you use default shaders? Your issue could be easily explained by incorrect shaders.

I use envshade and regularily delete P3D shaders after installing new add-ons. 

On 12.3.2019 at 16:33, Shomron sagte:

Yes I do use UTL

Then this is it!

Move to a busy airport and pan around in the cockpit until the flood lights turn of. When it does, simply kill UTL (from the taskmanager) or turn it off in your sim. I bet your flood lights will turn on.

The problem lies partly within P3D. It is a limitation of how many dynamic lights are shown at once in a scene. Strangely, it is very sensitive when combined with UTL since already few AI aircraft on a stock (but busy) Airport, with no dyn lights at all, will get you into that limitation.

If I am right, meaning the test you have done does indeed turn on your flood lights, then you have to decrease traffic density A LOT until you don't experience that issue anymore.

I for myself had to reduce the airline desity to 35% and gen av to 10%.

4 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Then this is it!

Move to a busy airport and pan around in the cockpit until the flood lights turn of. When it does, simply kill UTL (from the taskmanager) or turn it off in your sim. I bet your flood lights will turn on.

The problem lies partly within P3D. It is a limitation of how many dynamic lights are shown at once in a scene. Strangely, it is very sensitive when combined with UTL since already few AI aircraft on a stock (but busy) Airport, with no dyn lights at all, will get you into that limitation.

If I am right, meaning the test you have done does indeed turn on your flood lights, then you have to decrease traffic density A LOT until you don't experience that issue anymore.

I for myself had to reduce the airline desity to 35% and gen av to 10%.

Thanks this makes sense since later in the flight it worked again probably because the change of the AI traffic around.

Any idea if LM plan to fix this?

Thanks!

@Shomron it is questionable if this falls under the description of a bug. LM did implement that limit due to performance.

I've read that some do increase the limit for the number of displayed DL (try to search the web and you will find a .cfg entry for that) but I for myself decided to decrease the AI traffic.

30...35% airline density seems to be sufficient. I still get plenty of traffic on busy / big airports and the AI does not get stuck un the taxiway. With more than 35% I founf myself waiting several minutes to TO due to incomming AI.

Also, if you fly online, you will mostly never hit that limitation.

Happy flying.

Thanks but shouldn't I limit the AI bubble instead meaning the max number of aircraft to spawn?

This happened during cruise and not within an airport.

Vor 1 Stunde, Shomron sagte:

Thanks but shouldn't I limit the AI bubble instead meaning the max number of aircraft to spawn?

This happened during cruise and not within an airport.

First try to see if UTL is to blame then implement what works best for you.

Archived