A321 nose dive and not flying ILS

Hello, I have been flying all the A320 Professional family aircraft now and every time that I have flown the A321, problems occur on approach, once in Dublin and once just now in Oslo.

While approaching ENGM (INREX4L arrival, followed by ILS approach to runway 1L) the aircraft proceeded to nosedive at -8000 feet per minute from 9000 to 5000 feet. The aircraft descended from 9000 to 5000 in a fraction of the distance which it was supposed to. I immediately switched the AP off, pulled the plane out of the dive and flew it manually until switching the AP on just a few minutes later. The plane then didn't capture the ILS glideslope and localizer despite me following the correct procedures (given by the "Final" checklist in the PDF.) I turned the AP off again, followed the ILS down and landed the plane perfectly on the runway. After landing, nothing else seemed out of the ordinary.

This also occurred on approach to EIDW, however, that time I didn't switch the AP of to pull the plane out of the dive, I just let the AP take care of pulling up, and it eventually did. However, that time, the plane also didn't capture glideslope and localizer despite, again, following the correct procedure.

This problem only occurs with the A321, the A318, A319 and A320 seem to be fine for approaches, for now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Do not upgrade to 1.2.3.2!! It made my entire A321 fleet unusable. I get "failed to find D:/.../Aerosoft A320-A321 professional Base/Sound_ASC/ASC_coffee0.wav, then it makes p3dv4 crash. Also, every other planes functions perfectly. I'm back to 1.2.3.0 until it's solved.

10 minutes ago, Cedric Adje said:

Do not upgrade to 1.2.3.2!! It made my entire A321 fleet unusable. I get "failed to find D:/.../Aerosoft A320-A321 professional Base/Sound_ASC/ASC_coffee0.wav, then it makes p3dv4 crash. Also, every other planes functions perfectly. I'm back to 1.2.3.0 until it's solved.

Reinstall if I were you.

I just wanted to know if there's a solution, so I will update the A320 family and see if the issue with the A321 approach is resolved or not.

I can't tell because I can't use it. However, indeed I reinstalled and tried the updated version 4 times and received the same error message. Therefore, I went back to 1.2.3.0. I'm sorry I could not answer your question. I just wanted to let you know that upgrading right now might come with some issues. 

3 hours ago, Cedric Adje said:

I can't tell because I can't use it. However, indeed I reinstalled and tried the updated version 4 times and received the same error message. Therefore, I went back to 1.2.3.0. I'm sorry I could not answer your question. I just wanted to let you know that upgrading right now might come with some issues. 

Yeah, I usually wait a short while with updating things just in case problems or issues haven't been solved yet.

Ok, maybe Aerosoft should finally agree on what customers should do. Not long ago, people had huge issues due to the fact that they used the experimental updates, the only comment was "what do you expect from experimental updates" and now it is suddenly recommended? But then, the newest experimental upgrade makes adding files manually necessary? Come on...

BTW: I also experienced step dive on my last flight, it was the IAE A320. As soon as the intended flightpath was way below the current altitude of the plane, it dived with 5000ft or more as soon as VNAV is used. I hope the next update will fix this, but I am not going to use the experimental updates anymore after the last and current fiasko.

Its only a little small bug with this latest update , just download the WAV file issued by Mathijs and put it in the right place problem solved .. takes just a few secs to do, regarding the steep dives just use DES after the desent check list .. not at the white arrow or DES a few miles before it so its just a small work around until its fixed.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Querer said:

Ok, maybe Aerosoft should finally agree on what customers should do.

I am sorry you disagree with what we advise. The Experimental updates are released because we feel an issue reported by a customer is solved. For these people, I suggest using the Experimental update. I think that is the correct way to handle things but again if that annoys you I am sorry. We have been doing it for 6 years now btw.

But indeed, they are called experimental because we did not go through our complete test procedure so issues can arise and if you are not comfortable with adding files manually I would suggest just waiting for the full update. We have always been rather clear on that. You might simply have misunderstood what we call Experimental.

On 3/5/2019 at 7:33 AM, Querer said:

Ok, maybe Aerosoft should finally agree on what customers should do.

Professionally, I couldn't agree more with what Mathijs said, but I'm only 25% as busy as Mathjis is, thus I have more time to write and might provide a little more insight.

Providing Service Packs is a terrific idea because they provide customers with a definitive time line in the development process.  However, they also make customers wait and wait for fixes to known issues.  Mathij's took a page from modern day software development and decided to do away with Service Packs and issues changes as soon as they are ready, first via Experimental Updates and then formally with a product (non-experimental) update.

It is always up to the customer if they wish to participate in an experimental update, and when we provide advice to a customer to do so it's because we have high expectations that the experimental update (which has not been fully testes, which is why it's an experimental rather than a formal update) corrects the issue a customer is having.

So our advice has not changed, whatsoever.

I hope this makes you feel less confused, less frustrated, and less adversarial.  We are on all on same team here my friend!

AS this thread has gone way off the tracks (not close to the topic it started with), I will close it.

Best wishes!

Archived