Log file error: Can't create AB_ND_GDI.log

FWAviation

Hello everyone,

I just updated my Airbus family to version 1.2.3.0 (after having uninstalled the previous version), but when loading an A320 or A321 aircraft, I get the following message:

Error: ND log file could not be generated!

C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Data\AB_ND_GDI.log

When I press "OK" and load a scenario with the A320 or A321 nevertheless, I get a second error message reading:

Debug info

ND: DB file for Terrain On ND could not be opened => invalid terrain indication! ('Aerosoft\General\A3XX TerrOnND\ASDBTerrOnND.dat')

The result of that is that no airports, VORs etc. and also no terrain is displayed on the ND in the Airbus.

I had that error in the A318 and A319 at first, too, but after three uninstallations and re-installations, I managed to fixed the problem there. Sadly, for the A320 and A321, uninstalling and re-installing didn't help. I always switched off virus detection for the installation, I rebooted my PC as recommended after each installation and I always run P3D as administrator.

Furthermore, as administrator, I have write access to the C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Data folder. So the problem that was described in this older topic shouldn't apply to me. I even deleted the Data folder before the last installation (strangely enough, it remained in my Documents folder even after the previous un-installation) so that the installer could create a new AB_ND_GDI.ini file, but also that didn't solve the problem. As last resort, I gave write access to all users on my PC for the entire C:\Users folder, but also that didn't help.

So what can I do? I'm pretty clueless why I could solve the problem for the A318/319 at least after a few attempts, but can't do so for the A320/321.

What is also remarkable is that since the update, I can't run the Aerosoft.A3XX.Configurator.exe files for both the A318/319 and the A320/321 anymore. It functioned before I uninstalled the previous version. And since the update, all scenarios in my P3D got deleted, although I had no scenario (if I recall correctly) that contained one of the Aerosoft Airbusses. Might there be any connection to the AB_ND_GDI problem?

Addendum: I just loaded a scenario with one of the Aerosoft Airbus A319 that were included in the default set (the Eurowings D-AGWZ) and now I also get the second error message shown above:

Debug info

ND: DB file for Terrain On ND could not be opened => invalid terrain indication! ('Aerosoft\General\A3XX TerrOnND\ASDBTerrOnND.dat')

I think it's because the log file error in the A320/321 now messed up also the ASDBTerrOnND.dat file that was originally running fine before I installed the A320/321. I installed the A318/319 first.

Really frustrating...

8 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

Hello everyone,

I just updated my Airbus family to version 1.2.3.0 (after having uninstalled the previous version), but when loading an A320 or A321 aircraft, I get the following message:

Error: ND log file could not be generated!

C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Data\AB_ND_GDI.log

When I press "OK" and load a scenario with the A320 or A321 nevertheless, I get a second error message reading:

Debug info

The result of that is that no airports, VORs etc. and also no terrain is displayed on the ND in the Airbus.

I had that error in the A318 and A319 at first, too, but after three uninstallations and re-installations, I managed to fixed the problem there. Sadly, for the A320 and A321, uninstalling and re-installing didn't help. I always switched off virus detection for the installation, I rebooted my PC as recommended after each installation and I always run P3D as administrator.

Furthermore, as administrator, I have write access to the C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Data folder. So the problem that was described in this older topic shouldn't apply to me. I even deleted the Data folder before the last installation (strangely enough, it remained in my Documents folder even after the previous un-installation) so that the installer could create a new AB_ND_GDI.ini file, but also that didn't solve the problem. As last resort, I gave write access to all users on my PC for the entire C:\Users folder, but also that didn't help.

So what can I do? I'm pretty clueless why I could solve the problem for the A318/319 at least after a few attempts, but can't do so for the A320/321.

What is also remarkable is that since the update, I can't run the Aerosoft.A3XX.Configurator.exe files for both the A318/319 and the A320/321 anymore. It functioned before I uninstalled the previous version. And since the update, all scenarios in my P3D got deleted, although I had no scenario (if I recall correctly) that contained one of the Aerosoft Airbusses. Might there be any connection to the AB_ND_GDI problem?

I won't be the one assisting  you with this, one of the other guys should chime in tomorrow. But I thought I'd ask a few questions that they are sure to ask in order to get this moving faster for you.

Did you install the Airbus to the default location?  If not, where did you install it to?

Even though you have Administrator privileges for your computer user account, are you still starting P3D "As Admin"?  If not, would you kindly try this?

Best wishes.

gerade, DaveCT2003 sagte:

I won't be the one assisting  you with this, one of the other guys should chime in tomorrow. But I thought I'd ask a few questions that they are sure to ask in order to get this moving faster for you.

Did you install the Airbus to the default location?  If not, where did you install it to?

Even though you have Administrator privileges for your computer user account, are you still starting P3D "As Admin"?  If not, would you kindly try this?

Best wishes.

Thanks, Dave, for your quick reply. Yes, I have installed the Airbus to the default location (my Documents folder), hence the location where it wants to place the log file is this folder: C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Data

And yes, I still start P3D "as admin". That is standard practice for me anyway.

Just an update on this: @Secondator thankfully helped me with the problem - it is now fixed. We first did a new install of the Airbusses. Then we found out that the Airbusses were looking for the ASDBTerrOnND.dat file in a different location than it actually was located at. We don't quite know how that happened, but as a work-around, we created a second folder with the DAT file. That solved it.

I still have a follow-up problem with the CRJ, though - but I will address this in the proper forum or via the ticket system. Thanks again to @DaveCT2003 and @Secondator for their support!

Archived