Airbug or I am doing something wrong

Marekm

Hi, 

I have a few different payware planes in P3D and one of them is Aerosoft's Airbus family. When I was using it on FSX all was fine. Now, in P3D it's nightmare. I am using always the same pattern and I never know what will happen. 

I am using built-in Captain and FO checklist's option, so some of the things they do, some I do. Always the same routine. And what's going wrong:

- sometimes, GPS is not aligning - really I don't know why. Even today, the same airport, the same gate, all the same - once was ok, second was not (even after 10 or more minutes waiting) 

- landing - oh this is my favorite. Example - today I was approaching LYBE as I did yesterday - exactly the same route, same approach, same everything. Yesterday I landed perfectly. Today, after I pressed Approach button (ad I did it exactly the same moment like previously) aircraft turned in some strange way, like "Ok, I am not interested in land here today, so I am coming back". I had to use HDG to put aircraft on proper way and then after pressing APP it started to follow LOC and G/S

Really, these things happen to me very often and I really don't know what to do. I am flying also PMDG 737, 747, 777, Majestic's Q400 and even QW 787 and all is fine, all aircrafts doing what they should do, so it's not my computer, maybe I am doing something wrong and you can point it. Please let me know if you can. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, Marekm said:

sometimes, GPS is not aligning - really I don't know why. Even today, the same airport, the same gate, all the same - once was ok, second was not (even after 10 or more minutes waiting) 

Are you sometimes starting with turnaround state and sometimes from cold and dark state? If you start on cold and dark you have to align the INS by turning the three knobs on overhead to NAV and going to INIT A page on FMGC and press LSK 3R ALIGN IRS and align the IRS there.

7 minutes ago, Marekm said:

landing - oh this is my favorite. Example - today I was approaching LYBE as I did yesterday - exactly the same route, same approach, same everything. Yesterday I landed perfectly. Today, after I pressed Approach button (ad I did it exactly the same moment like previously) aircraft turned in some strange way, like "Ok, I am not interested in land here today, so I am coming back".

What modes does it show on the FMA when it turns to the wrong direction? It seems like it's not on LOC mode correctly or something.

It's very hard to say what the issue could be, but I have not had any issues capturing the ILS when trying to intercept nicely with 30 degree angle relative to the ILS course and making sure APPR is engaged well before the approach.

Thanks for your reply. 

I am always starting with cold& dark And IRS is always on before I  aligning them in MCDU. I know this procedure and as I wrote it's not it - sometimes it's just not working. 

Second thing. I am doing all by the book. Really. I am checking approach in maps, setting proper altitude, pressing APPR after a proper command, etc. And in let's say 70% cases all works ok, but in 30% not. And I have no idea why when I am doing everything always the same. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Would it be possible for you to try to get it on video when it doesn't work on the approach? I am a little bit lost what is going on and if it's something on our end how to recreate it because every approach is working perfectly fine for me.

OK, I will try to do it. It's really strange as these kinds of errors appear only in Airbus. All other aircrafts work properly. 

Archived