The dot on the screen

GaryMcCl

Hi 

I'm curious about the dot on my screen. I've take an screenshot of it and circled the dot.  

Sorry for not looking at the instructions on it, but what does it mean?

Gaz

Please login to display this image.

its means you are below the descent profile, if you stop the decent you will fing the dot will move down to the yellow line near the displyaed current altitude  window, once it approached that point re start the descent and try to keep it on the yellow line by adjusting the desent speed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As barrendrop3 said. It's your vertical deviation indicator. On PFD it only shows values +/- 500 feet from and if vertical deviation is beyond those values it's stuck on either end of the altitude tape. With this you can quickly see if you are above or beyond the vertical profile. Works a bit like ILS glideslope symbol. If it's above the center you are a bit below the profile and if it's below the center you are a bit high on your profile.

If you want to check your vertical deviation (V/DEV) as an exact value you can go to your FMGC PROG page and see it there on the right.

28 minutes ago, Secondator said:

If you want to check your vertical deviation (V/DEV) as an exact value you can go to your FMGC PROG page and see it there on the right

I have to admit that I use the ATC in P3D. Is this relevant or is it strictly looking at the flight path?

Thanks to both of you getting back to me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not really. Vertical Deviation is calculated by the aircraft's computers. It's just guidance for you to know where you are on your profile. ATC of course has the last say always when it comes to clearances and where you can go in the 3D space. :)

Archived