ALTN Fuel omitted from calculations

Hello all.

It's not the first time this happens to me (I believe already happening before this major v2 update) but I've noticed an issue with the flight planning tool.

I'm trying to plan a flight from FACT (Cape Town) to FHSH (Saint Helena). The route finder isn't able to find a proper route for the flight (I do have NG1902 and the FEB routes and directs installed properly). When I plan a manual route and calculate the flight (either using EDTO or disabling EDTO) the OFP comes without fuel for the alternate airport. Only the route, contingency, taxi, etc.

I believe this is reproducible.

Here's my data:

FUEL    CORR    ENDUR
TRIP          14155  ........  03:47 
CONT 5%         708  ........  00:20
FINAL RESV     1054  ........  00:30
ETP ADD         221  ........
MIN T/O       16138  ........  04:37       .....................................
EXTRA        ......  ........  .....       CAPTAINS SIGNATURE  (....)
TAXI            100  ........  00:10       
RELEASE       16238  ........  04:47       I ACCEPT THIS OFP AND I AM FAMILIAR
ARR FUEL       1933  ........  00:45       WITH THE PLANNED ROUTE AND AERODROMES

This flight was planned with FHAW (Ascencion) as Alternate using the following route: SH DCT ASI (also manual since the route finder wasn't able to find a route for this pair). I've tried with other alternates with the same result.

Is there a connection with the route finder being unable to find a proper route and the contingency fuel being omitted from the OFP?

Best regards,

Pedro Carvalho

Is there a co

TAP8057 FACT-FHSH (22-Feb-2019) #1.pdf

Hi Pedro,

as far as I know PFPX is only able to plan routes via airways and/or pre-defined directs.

When you click the DCT button on the map, you can see, there are no directs connecting the island with the oceanic area.

You can create your own user directs in the User Waypoints & Airways section, so PFPX can use these to create a route for this city pair.

Regards

David

Thank you, David.

I'm aware of the user defined directs. That's not the issue I've found.

The problem is the absence of the ALTN FUEL figure in the OFP.

I've entered a valid route for the FACT-FHSH and a valid route for FHSH-FHAW. The FHSH-FHAW fuel and route disappear from the OFP as soon as the flight is "Released".

That's a bug, I believe!

As there are no suitable adequates the aerodrome, FHSH, should be marked as ISOLATED using the airport editor.

This should result in the correct outcome as attached.

TAP8057 FACT-FHSH (25-Feb-2019) #2.pdf

EDIT: Even without FHSH been tagged isolated the ALTN is still entered in the OFP.

Which aircraft performance file is in use ?

Post a snapshot of the general aircraft settings.

Are you using a standard fuel policy or an edit?

Hello Stephen.

Thank you for your time troubleshooting this issue.

I've attached the screenshot you've requested.

I'm using a modified fuel policy based on the EU-OPS. I've thought about it and I've experimented with other standard fuel policies and the results were the same... yesterday.

Today I've just run PFPX again with the same planning and everything worked perfectly fine. I have FHAW and it's fuel on the OFP. Everything is back to normal. Yesterday it wasn't showing. I did restart PFPX yesterday and the alternate fuel did not appeared for this particular flight, even though it was appearing for other calculations with different city pairs. And now with the same aircraft (performance file, etc) and same conditions on PFPX (fuel policy, etc) it is calculating just fine.

Consider this issue self-solved. Strange but solved. 

Best regards.

Please login to display this image.

TAP8057 FACT-FHSH (25-Feb-2019) #1.pdf

Archived