Installation outside of P3Dv4 As Recommended

Developer Hans Hartmann, on July 20, 2018, posted a reply regarding allowing installation of Aerosoft CRJ700-900-X outside of the P3D folder (AS RECOMMENDED by both Aerosoft and P3Dv4):  "no thanks. This may be standard with scenery, but experience from the A318/A319 Pro project shows that does nothing but make things really complicated for aircraft." (copied from the exact post of that date).

So, which is it?  I attempted to install Aerosoft CRJ700-900-X outside of P3Dv4 and the installation refused my file selection and installed the thing inside of P3Dv4 instead.  Folks, I program and this is my computer and I purchased this program and would appreciate being able to organize my files in the matter that I select. 

I would like to know how to override this process and install this proggy in the location that I desire. 

I have all of my purchased Aerosoft and other provider aircraft outside of P3Dv4, including AI, except now for CRJ700-900-X, and am extremely familiar with the process of alerting P3Dv4 of the current location of these aircraft files.  The developer's reply is, at the least, misinformed and particularly not the recommended process, and the post was closed prior to my, or those of others, comments, without cause, which now appears to be the standard closing of topics in this forum.  John P. Parkinson

• Aerosoft

There are many very well known 3rd party developers who use this, indeed not recommended anymore method. I just name QualityWings, PMDG, and many many others. As you might have seen all our newer products use the new method. The CRJ X, however, is born in a 32 bit age and uses what was then the standard. This how we know it will work. if you do not accept that you have a very limited choice of add-ons. 

For our Airbus products, we always try to use the most up to date options. When we saw that working weel we started with the newer projects, the CRJ is just a generation older

Archived