CRJ Tiller Steering

Juergen2

Hi,

I am using P3D4 and would like to use the Tiller Steering Function in the CRJ.

I looked in the manual, but I still can't get it to work with assigned Throttle Axis 3 and Nose Wheel Steering Axis selected in CRJ Manager. I am not using FSUIPC.

I use the same functions with the Airbus Processional Series and it works fine.

Thanks for advise/help

Juergen Mader

Hi @Juergen2,

I have a Black Widow flight stick (or Joystick) which has a Tiller / Rudder Axis and it works fine with the CRJ. Since your Joystick seems to work fine with other ACFT, I would say that you don't have double assignements, which would have been the first to check if none of your ACFT would have worked.

So, if you only have the problem with the CRJ, I would ask you what the position of your NWS Steering switch is (on/off)?

Hi GEK

Can you tell me your settings for the nose wheel steering. Here are mine:

P3Dv4: Engine # 3 Throttle Axis assigned to joystick

CRJ: NWS switch: Armed

CRJ Manager: Controls - Nose Wheel Steering Axis (ticked) Use Steering Axis

I don't think there is a additional setting in aircraft options like the Airbus.

Thanks for response

• Developer

Use Steering Axis ticked is the problem. P3D v4 introduces a separate steering axis. If you have "Use Steering Axis" ticked, then you should use this new axis instead of Throttle Axis #3

Please login to display this image.

Hi Hans,

So you are saying this "Axis Steering Set" which has Rz_axis assigned from my Saitek X52 joystick does eliminate the "Engine # 3 Throttle Axis" assignment?

Which would help out if you fly a 4 engine aircraft - I always have to unassign the Engine # 3 Throttle Axis.

I will check it out in the Airbus as well as the CRJ.

Thanks

Hans,

I would like to use the "Use Steering Axis" since that would work with a 4-engine aircraft (PMDG 747). So than I just do not assign anything to "Engine # 3 Throttle"> CORRECT?

Juergen

Hans, I tested it on the Airbus Professional and the CRJ.

Unassigned the "Engine 3 Throttle Axis", assign the "Axis Steering Set". It works in both aircraft, however the N/W STRG switch in the CRJ has NO effect (Armed or OFF); do you know if it is modelled?

Thanks

14 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It is modelled. It's possible that I broke it at some point (when the new steering axis was added) and nobody noticed. I'll take a look.

I meant to mention this previously during testing and completely forgot.

In my P3D 4.4 installation, (using the default P3D “steering set” axis) the assigned controller works no matter what position the N/W steering switch is set to.

Archived