V/DEV

JackSwyr

Hi, I have searched all the manuals and this forum.  I’m making a flight and got a V/DEV message that popped up on the PFD.

The 318 is following the flight plan’s path, I have a green square box to the left of the speed tape, and it’s pretty much on the line.  Right above it I have the V/DEV message in green.

I’m on 1.2.3.1 and flying from KTEX to KPSP along ETL-V68-DVC-DCT-TBC-J231-EED-CLOWD1 SID

Can anyone explain what this means?  I reckon it means vertical deviation but the plane is descending nicely but the only problem is the speed.  It tells me I should be at 250 it’s but the plane is at 190.  Gear and flaps are not out.

Thanks

1 hour ago, JackSwyr said:

got a V/DEV message that popped up on the PFD.

The 318 is following the flight plan’s path, I have a green square box to the left of the speed tape, and it’s pretty much on the line.  Right above it I have the V/DEV message in green.

So, the message is Vertical Deviation, so it would have nothing to do with the Horizontal flight path.

Below is a post that speaks about it a little more.  Check out SmartCockpit.com for additional information.

Best wishes.

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

So, the message is Vertical Deviation, so it would have nothing to do with the Horizontal flight path.

Below is a post that speaks about it a little more.  Check out SmartCockpit.com for additional information.

Best wishes.

Thanks Dave, I'll have a look.  

I only got it when I pressed LS.  First it went to yellow.

So I pressed LS to off and it stayed as green V/DEV.

Press it again and it goes back to orange, press it to off again and it goes to green.

Never seen this before.  Maybe this link will help.

Just now, Secondator said:

Were you by any chance performing an RNAV approach to Palm Springs when this happened?

Yes sir, after extensive research I’ve discovered this is normal behavior.  Very interesting to learn too.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, you never stop learning. Glad you figured it out :)

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived