Weather radar

brtkstn

Hi guys, i have a question about weather radar in 64 bit version. With multiscan in auto, precipitation looks too "solid" for me. It looks much raw, jagged and better i think in manual mode. Is it normal and real? Regards.

Just now, brtkstn said:

Hi guys, i have a question about weather radar in 64 bit version. With multiscan in auto, precipitation looks too "solid" for me. It looks much raw, jagged and better i think in manual mode. Is it normal and real? Regards.

It is both normal and real.  What you are seeing in Auto is a processed version of the weather radar picture.  If you Google it, you can find real world examples that look just like you see in the Aerosoft Airbus Pro.

Best wishes.

12 minutes ago, brtkstn said:

Thank you very much Dave. I just want to tell, that manual display looks for me better and more real. Anyway that's only subjective conclusion. Best wishes.

It just depends on the returns you get. 

Here is a Happy Belated Valentines Day (the flight I'm currently on... flying our of and into snow storms).

Please login to display this image.

Not all of the radars work this way, In our fleet we have some that process this pretty smooth image in auto and others that look like the manual.  First thing I do is go manual tilt and get rid of that crap.  Also the manual image is usually not exactly like the auto image as in auto it's getting the entire weather picture and then presenting it where as in manual it's a bit different.  if you have access to an FCOM or the radar documentation you can read all about it again the way it presents the data on the ND depends on the system installed.

brtkstn's images are typical, the radar in auto scans different elevations then presents a picture, if you go to manual tilt you will find you would be above a lot of that weather.  The newer radars will still show weather but if it's not in the path it will be hatched to indicate off path.  Nice feature.

1 hour ago, bill3810 said:

Not all of the radars work this way, In our fleet we have some that process this pretty smooth image in auto and others that look like the manual.  First thing I do is go manual tilt and get rid of that crap.  Also the manual image is usually not exactly like the auto image as in auto it's getting the entire weather picture and then presenting it where as in manual it's a bit different.  if you have access to an FCOM or the radar documentation you can read all about it again the way it presents the data on the ND depends on the system installed.

brtkstn's images are typical, the radar in auto scans different elevations then presents a picture, if you go to manual tilt you will find you would be above a lot of that weather.  The newer radars will still show weather but if it's not in the path it will be hatched to indicate off path.  Nice feature.

Absolutely. The WXR we had on P3Ca was not only really nice, it was also really neat allowing us to generate all sorts of different images. But in the end you just need to know whats ahead and what to avoid. Our other radars were cool as well.

Archived